G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone know what a YD1 Trailer Axel is exactly?

4 posters

Go down

Anyone know what a YD1 Trailer Axel is exactly? Empty Anyone know what a YD1 Trailer Axel is exactly?

Post by 7irish1 Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:14 pm

Found my 74' Monte build sheet behind the drivers door panel! Trying to figure out the rear end. The build sheet states it has a "3.43 axel ratio" which I understand and also "YD1 Trailer Axel"...what is this other than heavy duty? Limited slip? I can't find anything online. More a want to know rather than need to know.

7irish1
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Anyone know what a YD1 Trailer Axel is exactly? Empty Re: Anyone know what a YD1 Trailer Axel is exactly?

Post by 77mali Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:36 pm

This may help you further with the build sheet codes. The YD1 was a $12.00 option in 74...maybe the car was born with a trailer hitch? Not 100% sure but the 2.73 & 3.08 ratios might be more common.

https://www.g3gm.com/Chevrolet-Rear-End-Codes-h25.htm

https://www.g3gm.com/Chevrolet-Option-Codes-h24.htm

77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Anyone know what a YD1 Trailer Axel is exactly? Empty Re: Anyone know what a YD1 Trailer Axel is exactly?

Post by Mcarlo77 Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:56 pm

RPOcodes.com describes it as a 7.50" ring gear - Saginaw (whatever that means!)

Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:04 am

7irish1 wrote:Found my 74' Monte build sheet behind the drivers door panel! Trying to figure out the rear end. The build sheet states it has a "3.43 axel ratio" which I understand and also "YD1 Trailer Axel"...what is this other than heavy duty? Limited slip? I can't find anything online. More a want to know rather than need to know.

Forgot to add that "G80" was the RPO code for Posi traction rear.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by 7irish1 Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:13 am

Thanks guys for the replies, but I'm trying to find out how to decifer the "Trailer Axle". The trailer hitch it still has was factory installed and on the build sheet as well. I understand it except for a description of the axle itself; i.e. Tow capacity, etc.
Since it was built with the ability to tow, I'm planning on building a dirt track Monte to tow it to the track with: )

7irish1
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by texan01 Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:00 am

Mcarlo77 wrote:RPOcodes.com describes it as a 7.50" ring gear - Saginaw (whatever that means!)

The 7.5" didn't appear till 77 in the B bodies. Unless someone swapped in a Vega rear end.

texan01
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down