G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New New Yorker

+4
1973 454 MONTE
Tom77
Leike
77mali
8 posters

Go down

New New Yorker Empty New New Yorker

Post by DiscoMalibu Fri May 25, 2012 5:54 am

Hey everyone, love the forum! Ive been checking out the project page and hope to add to it soon. Beer
I have a blue '77 Malibu Classic 2-door, I scrounged some cash together when I was 18 and drove the car daily for two years. A few years ago it left me stranded at a gas station when the 150kmi low-go 305 2bbl decided it had enough abuse. I decided that day that a few changes were in order.

Trash the 305 in favor of a 350 with a quadrjet.
Get rid of the slushbox, I have a Saginaw 4-speed for it
Rebuild the sloppy front end

Of course i'm bored at work and decided to change the control arm bushings and Advanced Auto gave me the wrong ones. Head Bang The motor is all together, pretty in blue with some goodies. The trans is ready to go, just have to get the parts to convert it. It's been sitting for a year with only two frame rails sticking out of the front. There's gonna be some late nights in the shop! Drinking Party
DiscoMalibu
DiscoMalibu
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

New New Yorker Empty Re: New New Yorker

Post by 77mali Fri May 25, 2012 6:48 am

Welcome aboard. We like pics lol!
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by DiscoMalibu Fri May 25, 2012 6:59 am

Thanks! Yeah i'm working on that, have to find a digital camera. happy bowtie

This is a great site! I didnt think i'd ever find such a good resource for these cars.
DiscoMalibu
DiscoMalibu
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Leike Fri May 25, 2012 5:23 pm

Very Happy Welcome !
Leike
Leike
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 Fri May 25, 2012 7:44 pm

Welcome aboard!
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by DiscoMalibu Wed May 30, 2012 7:04 am

Thanks! I picked up new control arm bushings, tie rod ends, shocks, ball joints, wheel bearings and seals. Let the fun begin, i'm in the process of prepping and painting all of the suspension parts. Hell my girlfriend even painted the inner fenders the other night! Wink

Still working on getting a digital camera, once i get some shots i'll post em on the project page.
DiscoMalibu
DiscoMalibu
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Wed May 30, 2012 7:15 am

Welcome,what area are you from?
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by DiscoMalibu Wed May 30, 2012 7:19 am

I'm from Germantown in Columbia County, just south of Hudson
DiscoMalibu
DiscoMalibu
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Wed May 30, 2012 4:41 pm

I know where that is .I see the Columbia county sign on the Taconic I know Hudson a little too,my inlaws have a place in the Catskills we pass through Hudson on Rt 23. There is a guy in your area with a very nice dark blue 73 Monte Carlo. I spoke to him at the car show in Lake George a few times. I am in Putnam County in Patterson at the end of I 684.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Wed May 30, 2012 6:36 pm

welcome aboard
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Wed May 30, 2012 9:39 pm

Welcome to the fun !! Very Happy

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Graham Perkins Wed May 30, 2012 10:05 pm

Welcome! I live not far from NY state in Canada, Not far from Watertown NY. What shape is your malibu in? My wife has a lght blue 77 malibu classic that is her daily summer driver. Be sure to post some pictures when you have a chance.

Thanks Graham
Graham Perkins
Graham Perkins
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by DiscoMalibu Wed May 30, 2012 11:44 pm

ant7377 wrote:I know where that is .I see the Columbia county sign on the Taconic I know Hudson a little too,my inlaws have a place in the Catskills we pass through Hudson on Rt 23. There is a guy in your area with a very nice dark blue 73 Monte Carlo. I spoke to him at the car show in Lake George a few times. I am in Putnam County in Patterson at the end of I 684.

Graham Perkins wrote: Welcome! I live not far from NY state in Canada, Not far from Watertown NY. What shape is your malibu in? My wife has a lght blue 77 malibu classic that is her daily summer driver. Be sure to post some pictures when you have a chance.

Thanks Graham

Is that the one with the 3-spoke wheels? I think that's the one you're talking about. My friend started the Untouchables car club and they host a show in August right around the corner from my house. I've seen one there. I put my '64 Mercury Marauder in that show last year even though it's far from show worthy. Glad to have some G3 fans in my area. Cool

Thanks, my Malibu has the typical quarter panel rust. Unfortunately I drove it for two winters because I didn't have the money to get another ride. It was painted years before I bought it and they went right over the old crackled paint. Rolling Eyes The interior is rough, the dash is all cracked and someone did an awful job with a vinyl repair kit trying to fix it. Needs a carpet and my swivel buckets need to be recovered. Other than that, soon the motor, trans and front suspension will be better than new. GoFast
DiscoMalibu
DiscoMalibu
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Thu May 31, 2012 2:35 pm

DiscoMalibu wrote:
ant7377 wrote:I know where that is .I see the Columbia county sign on the Taconic I know Hudson a little too,my inlaws have a place in the Catskills we pass through Hudson on Rt 23. There is a guy in your area with a very nice dark blue 73 Monte Carlo. I spoke to him at the car show in Lake George a few times. I am in Putnam County in Patterson at the end of I 684.

Graham Perkins wrote: Welcome! I live not far from NY state in Canada, Not far from Watertown NY. What shape is your malibu in? My wife has a lght blue 77 malibu classic that is her daily summer driver. Be sure to post some pictures when you have a chance.

Thanks Graham

Is that the one with the 3-spoke wheels? I think that's the one you're talking about. My friend started the Untouchables car club and they host a show in August right around the corner from my house. I've seen one there. I put my '64 Mercury Marauder in that show last year even though it's far from show worthy. Glad to have some G3 fans in my area. Cool

Thanks, my Malibu has the typical quarter panel rust. Unfortunately I drove it for two winters because I didn't have the money to get another ride. It was painted years before I bought it and they went right over the old crackled paint. Rolling Eyes The interior is rough, the dash is all cracked and someone did an awful job with a vinyl repair kit trying to fix it. Needs a carpet and my swivel buckets need to be recovered. Other than that, soon the motor, trans and front suspension will be better than new. GoFast

THe one I am thinking of has Torque Thrust wheels and a white top. But now that you say it I have seen a 77 with some kind of hood scoop and wheels like you describe,its got Monte SS interior in it .
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum