G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

someone in my town already got a new camaro

+13
ant7377
1973 454 MONTE
chevy76monteman
corvette_jeff
knightfan26917
BlackChevelleSS
McCauley5983
MichiganMuscle77
orange Juiced
74MonteCarlo
Limey SE
Hydro King
JB2wheeler
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

someone in my town already got a new camaro Empty someone in my town already got a new camaro

Post by corvette_jeff Sun May 03, 2009 2:39 am

Man those things are sweet up close and personal! Very Happy anybody else see one in their town yet? the one i saw was an ss, and it had some old dude behind the wheel No
corvette_jeff
corvette_jeff
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

someone in my town already got a new camaro Empty Re: someone in my town already got a new camaro

Post by JB2wheeler Sun May 03, 2009 7:08 am

Some of us old dudes have money and some of us don't. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

someone in my town already got a new camaro Empty Re: someone in my town already got a new camaro

Post by The Dude Sun May 03, 2009 10:46 am

corvette_jeff wrote:Man those things are sweet up close and personal! Very Happy anybody else see one in their town yet? the one i saw was an ss, and it had some old dude behind the wheel No

Assuming the $35,000 base price for an SS is true, old guys are about the only ones that will be driving them for a while. I haven't seen one yet, but then again there's only one Challenger rolling around my area & it's a sixer Sad .
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydro King Sun May 03, 2009 12:20 pm

sixer, HA HA
Hydro King
Hydro King
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Sun May 03, 2009 1:21 pm

someone in my town already got a new camaro 100_5918
someone in my town already got a new camaro 100_5919
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Sun May 03, 2009 1:47 pm

someone in my town already got a new camaro 100_5931
someone in my town already got a new camaro 100_5932

Last edited by 1973 454 MONTE on Sun May 03, 2009 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by corvette_jeff Sun May 03, 2009 1:48 pm

the one i saw was different thatn that one, it had the camaro decal on top of the windshield...
corvette_jeff
corvette_jeff
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydro King Sun May 03, 2009 3:04 pm

Ha haha sixer
Hydro King
Hydro King
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by badbiscayne66 Sun May 03, 2009 3:15 pm

I may likem when i see one for real...........but not excited so far
badbiscayne66
badbiscayne66
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by badbiscayne66 Sun May 03, 2009 3:16 pm

LOVE THE CHALLENGER
badbiscayne66
badbiscayne66
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun May 03, 2009 4:45 pm

i have to agree on badbis on this i love the challenger alot more than the camaro they should have kept the ol skool look with the new tecnology dodge nailed it in my book

Last edited by Limey aka Maligoon on Sun May 03, 2009 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Sun May 03, 2009 4:51 pm

It's a shame that the challengers handle like crap Razz
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by corvette_jeff Sun May 03, 2009 7:21 pm

Limey aka Maligoon wrote:i have to agree on badbis on this i love the challenger alot more than the camaro they should have kept the ol skool look with the new tecnology dodge nailed it in my book

The challenger's are nice and all, but theres just so many around here Mad at the dodge dealership they have about 8 base models, and about 6 r/t's.
corvette_jeff
corvette_jeff
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Sun May 03, 2009 7:56 pm

Saw one at the park a few weeks ago with the girlfriend. It was orange. I flipped out over it and she asked me if I "needed a minute". Haha.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Tue May 19, 2009 1:13 am

IndyG3 wrote:It's a shame that the challengers handle like crap Razz

...and are BIGGER than the 1970-1972 Monte Carlos.......

A guy on the FGMCC site bought a Challenger ... parked it next to his first gen MC ... and was stunned to see the size difference ... with the Challenger just about dwarfing the '70-'72 MC...lol.

I know a couple dealerships in this area have the Camaros, but I haven't gone to look at 'em yet. I have seen the Challenger in person, though....

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...Chitown #2 = 07/25/09
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Put off today what you can do tomorrow, sometimes you don't do the thing" ... Diamond Rio ... 'In A Week Or 2'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Tue May 19, 2009 1:23 am

None of the dealers near me have Camaros either since they only ordered enough to cover the preorders from like 5 years ago. I got like a 5 minute eye-rape of them, and I like them quite a bit myself. I'll take mine in blue, please! I don't mind the V6, cause it makes like 300 hp and gets 20 mpg so it's already better than my Colorado...
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Tue May 19, 2009 2:23 am

IndyG3 wrote:None of the dealers near me have Camaros either since they only ordered enough to cover the preorders from like 5 years ago.

In a way, that's kinda sad, really. I mean ... you get a new car to the market ... and you want to show it off ... but you can't ... because they are already sold.

*shrugs*

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...RT 66 = Sept 5-16, '09
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight" ... Elton John ... 'Rocket Man'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by orange Juiced Wed May 20, 2009 12:32 am

I've only seen this one in town. the owner was sitting in there when i passed by

someone in my town already got a new camaro Image012
orange Juiced
orange Juiced
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Wed May 20, 2009 12:44 am

in a handicap parking spot?

someone in my town already got a new camaro SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by MichiganMuscle77 Tue May 26, 2009 9:44 pm

i work at Graff Chevrolet in Okemos, MI.

We've taken orders for 17, and already parted ways with 3 (only 3 have arrived at the dealership.

Here's the first two that we sold, the 3rd was a yellow SS/RS with black stripes but I haven't uploaded the pics yet.

SS/RS:
someone in my town already got a new camaro N508164774_1731022_3288997

RS V6:
someone in my town already got a new camaro 3317_77770504774_508164774_1779147_1337773_n

That V6 is no joke... 315 horse power. She'll surprise any nay-sayers.

NICE cars, too. They drive unlike you'd expect.. very smooth, tame, civilized.

Worth every penny.

MichiganMuscle77
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Tue May 26, 2009 9:49 pm

Since I live close to the Race Track in Indy, I saw quite a few Camaros over the 500 weekend. If I had the cash to buy one, I would do it in a heartbeat. Damn, I love 'em! Cool
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by MichiganMuscle77 Tue May 26, 2009 9:53 pm

IndyG3 wrote:Since I live close to the Race Track in Indy, I saw quite a few Camaros over the 500 weekend. If I had the cash to buy one, I would do it in a heartbeat. Damn, I love 'em! Cool

They grew on me. I was in love with the Challenger, but after our first Camaro came in off the truck, that SS/RS i posted... I fell in love immediately. Amazing cars, just what GM needed to do to show the world that they aren't dead YET.

MichiganMuscle77
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Tue May 26, 2009 10:25 pm

Yes but It pisses me and alot of people off that its the independant rear suspension platform, Thats what killed the GTO, I knew alot of people that loved the GTO but wouldnt buy one because of the IRS.
IRS belongs on Cadillacs and Lincolns not Muscle Cars, Pony Cars, etc.

someone in my town already got a new camaro SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by badbiscayne66 Tue May 26, 2009 10:45 pm

I DID NOT LIKE GTO CAUSE ON THE ROAD LOOKED LIKE ANY GRANDAM OR GP
badbiscayne66
badbiscayne66
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Tue May 26, 2009 10:50 pm

^^^ Agreed. The GTO was a pretty solid performer, but if you spend that kinda money on a car, why would you want it to look so boring?
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next