G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overdrive Transmission Swap Info for GM units

+3
chevellelaguna
dynchel
77mali
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Overdrive Transmission Swap Info for GM units - Page 2 Empty Re: Overdrive Transmission Swap Info for GM units

Post by driveit Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:08 am

I have been checking for a month now. I found one, but it has the electronic speedometer. Don't know how to switch it out. It was in a Camaro.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Overdrive Transmission Swap Info for GM units - Page 2 Empty Re: Overdrive Transmission Swap Info for GM units

Post by driveit Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:36 pm

Gonna wait on the tranny for now. Unless it is an unbelievable deal.  Maybe I can still make it to the knoxville show with my TH350.  I am guessing and hoping that it will be less that 150$ for gas.  Heres to hopin!

I think now since I am not on a time crunch just to get another gear I will start looking for a 5 or 6 speed. That is really what I wanted anyway.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:33 am

IIRC in most 5 or 6 speed transmissions, 4th gear is 1:1 and 5 and 6 are both OD. So you are still facing the same issue with the rear gearing.

If gas mileage is your overriding concern right now and you indeed have a 3.08 rear gear, you are better off swapping the rear gear to 2.73 and leave your TH350 alone right now (assuming it runs well). It will be cheaper and more cost-effective.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:41 am

I have a 2:73 in it right now, but I have a 3:08 in the shed at my mom's place.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2