G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Totally off topic rant

4 posters

Go down

Totally off topic rant Empty Totally off topic rant

Post by Sleddogg Thu May 23, 2013 11:45 am

Tomorrow, our little family leaves to go visit my grandparents and mother in Kentucky. We take a train out of Portland, Oregon, get off in Chicago and rent a car and drive down to KY. First time I've seen my mom in 13 years and this is the first time they all get to see my 8 month old boy. Needless to say, I am stressed all to hell about traveling with my boy. So I call Alamo car rental just to make sure that the car we reserved back in February is all a go, and dude tells me that the location is closed that day due to the holiday. Ok, cool car rental people need a holiday weekend too, but WHY THE HELL DIDN'T THEY TELL ME THAT WHEN I RESERVED??? If I hadn't called, we would have showed up to a closed business with no ride 2500 miles away from home with a baby. So I explain this all to dude and he tells me that the airport location is open 24 hours a day, so I'm like cool...taxi ride to the airport get the car and bail out of that place. NOPE....because the "reservation" changed so close to the pickup day, they wanna charge me another 200 bucks! Because my rate was "February" rate and not today's rate. So I am Pissed at this point. Dude was 100% inflexible, dude's manager was 100% inflexible. Total tools.

Because my wife and I don't own/use credit cards, we pay cash for everything, Alamo is the only rental place that I found that accept cash for a rental along with a round trip ticket. So, I have no options to change.

My wife is sharpening her teeth for the counter person at the airport (feel bad for them already lol), so maybe something will get changed. It was their mistake, they should fix it....

Anyways, thanks for the rant Smile

Beware of Alamo...
Sleddogg
Sleddogg
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Totally off topic rant Empty Re: Totally off topic rant

Post by Limey SE Thu May 23, 2013 12:11 pm

Enterprise we pick you up ...... Where you at I am in Oregon LOL

Call Enterprise and Call them explain what Happened and see if you can Pay cash in Oregon for a rental in Chicago ?? they could meet ya at Bus Station Possibly ??
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleddogg Thu May 23, 2013 5:08 pm

LOL that would be awesome
Sleddogg
Sleddogg
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleddogg Fri May 24, 2013 12:07 am

Problem-o solved, found another company! See ya when I get back
Sleddogg
Sleddogg
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri May 24, 2013 12:12 am

Sleddogg wrote:Problem-o solved, found another company! See ya when I get back

HAVE A SAFE TRIP AND TAKES LOTSO PICS ON THE TRAIN WHEN YOU CAN !!!!!!!! And above all Have fun away from the everyday grind of life on the train you will absolutely LOVE IT
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by carcass Fri May 24, 2013 2:59 am

these are the reasons I mistreat rental cars the way I do, the last one I had was a 2012 GMC colorado with the 5 cylinder it sounds fairly cool at nearly 7000
carcass
carcass
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Fri May 24, 2013 10:10 am

I've been driving a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee for the last 2 weeks, I have to give it back today Sad I've been rocking that Hemi every chance I got.

Unfortunately with the way transactions are going, you will need some sort of credit card/electronic form of payment to purchase anything in the future.
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down