G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

75 front fenders and dual headlamp buckets

+6
Colonnade Mattie
dynchel
Limey SE
switchbiker
Turtle83
micara928
10 posters

Go down

75 front fenders and dual headlamp buckets Empty 75 front fenders and dual headlamp buckets

Post by micara928 Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:14 pm

nice, no rust, come and get them or have a pack and ship get them
micara928
micara928
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

75 front fenders and dual headlamp buckets Empty Re: 75 front fenders and dual headlamp buckets

Post by Turtle83 Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:31 pm

Would you by chance have the lower fender braces both sides for the 75 chevelle? Needing a pair if you had them.
Thanks
Turtle83
Turtle83
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

75 front fenders and dual headlamp buckets Empty Re: 75 front fenders and dual headlamp buckets

Post by switchbiker Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:06 pm

dang, I want these. Wish I knew how to arrange for them to be picked up and shipped for a reasonable price.
switchbiker
switchbiker
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:07 pm

switchbiker wrote:dang, I want these. Wish I knew how to arrange for them to be picked up and shipped for a reasonable price.

Greyhound will ship these fairly reasonable the Head light Buckets can go Fed Ex Flat rate box but fenders would be best sent Greyhound
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:52 pm

Although Greyhound is cheaper on large items, be prepared for the b.s. that goes along with it.  I shipped half a rear floor pan (the half that goes under the rear seat) to a guy in Kissimmee, FL last Oct.  Unless I wanted to drive 25 miles one way to an inner city bus terminal (downtown Mpls.), I had to stand around the local metro bus station that handled route stops by Greyhound with that large box (oh yeah...you now have to box things) and personally load it on the bus...IF the driver deemed there was going to be room for it.  If not, you go back to the office (when it's open) and get a new shipping label and hope for the next day's bus.  You see...bus riders' luggage is given priority over your freight.  After hanging around the bus station for an extra 45 mins due to the bus being late, I was fortunate there was room on this bus...but, it was explained to me that it could get bumped at any number of stops between here and FL. and I was told it could be anywhere from 1-3 wks to get there.  Now here was the fun part...the package made it to Kissimmee in about 10 days or so, but, like the local metro station here in MN,  their local station's office was only open from like 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and, since the bus came through after hours, there was nobody there to unload it.  So, it went on down to it's next stop in Miami.  Came back from Miami to Kissimmee only to arrive after hours...and now was sent to next closest full-service terminal in Orlando.  Someone there said "nope, this goes to Kissimmee" and back it went..only to repeat the same scenario where it went on down to Miami.  Finally, the package came back through Kissimmee and on to Orlando a second time where someone finally figured they should call my guy in Kissimmee and let him know it's there.  He wasn't thrilled about driving another 20 miles or so, but at least we knew where it was.  What I got from my various conversations trying to track this was that freight business isn't really a priority with these people.  Their tracking procedures are archaic and you cross your fingers and hope it doesn't get lost somewhere.  Oh...and, it cost about $88 to ship via Greyhound vs. about $120 to ship via FedEx Ground.  So, good luck with that!!
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:18 am

Wow Mcarlo77, Never had an Issue like that but never went south always west.
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:54 am

I can't believe someone in sunny florida would be buying floorpans from minnesota. sounds a little A$$ backwards. lol.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:00 am

LOL...there was more to this story.  The guy brought this '76 Regal from his home in Puerto Rico where I presume the moisture ate away at the sheet metal.  He's replacing virtually everything on it.  I happened to have panels from a TX car that was brought up here and scrapped.  Anyway, he was/is currently stationed in Afghanistan and had me ship to his body man doing the work.  Gave me that guy's phone number as a contact for the bus company.  Bus company calls him and the phone is disconnected.  They call me and I have to e-mail the guy in Afghanistan and he gives me his mom's phone number.  Bus company guy calls his mom and she only speaks Spanish and, since he didn't, they couldn't communicate.  Bus company guy calls me again to explain.  Another e-mail to guy in Afghanistan and he contacts his mom direct.  She has to ask a friend who has a SUV to drive her to the bus station in Orlando to get the panel.  Let's just say she apparently wasn't happy. Classic cluster-f**k!      But...he did save $32 on shipping!
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonnade Mattie Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:51 pm

Try U ship for large parts if you aren't in a hurry someone on there will usually help you out  cheap. I had cuda fenders sent to me by greyhound once..had to drive 30 miles to pick em up..got there they only had the one..had to go back a different time to get the other one when it showed up..it was cheap but kind of a hassle.blah blah blah.
Colonnade Mattie
Colonnade Mattie
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

75 front fenders and dual headlamp buckets Empty Need fenders in Chicago

Post by 1977malibu Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:26 pm

I know this is going to sound stupid but does anyone have nice fenders in Illinois? Shipping is a real pain. It seems there are alot in the western and southern states but wish there was an easier way to get them to us who need them. Greyhound I had a real bad experience with. If anyone is in Illinois let me know.

1977malibu
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelLG Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:54 am

I'd be glad to take them off your hands, what part of KS are in? Assuming you still have them!

MichaelLG
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:42 am

If anyone is looking for rust-free fenders/doors, just wanted to share that there is an AZ '75 Monte Carlo and El Camino sitting in a yard here in the Mpls., MN area. Monte still has LH fender & both doors, qtrs, hood...all excellent. El Camino is complete; although looked like there were some dings/creases in the doors that would require some minor body work.

This isn't a Pick 'N Pull, so don't expect bargain basement prices. Be glad to check on anything if someone is interested. They do ship, by the way.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by killerpanel Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:53 pm

Are these fenders still available?

killerpanel
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:52 pm

I'd have to check. I know the El Camino is still there...just can't remember if the fenders were picked.

Monte is still there, also. Doors/hood/fenders are gone.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down