G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CAMARO

+9
MichiganMuscle77
knightfan26917
coreys73chevelle
' HARRY '
The Dude
Limey SE
JB2wheeler
ant7377
74MonteCarlo
13 posters

Go down

CAMARO Empty CAMARO

Post by badbiscayne66 Fri May 15, 2009 9:49 pm

I AM A CHEVY GUY!!!!!!!.........ALL MY CARS SINCE MY SECOND CAR HAVE BEEN CHEVY (EXCEPT A COUPLE FIREBIRDS AND A CUTLASS)........1ST CAR DONT ASK!!!!!...............I HAVE SEEN PICS OF NEW CAMARO AND NOT CRAZY ABOUT THEM BUT THOUGHT I WOULD WAIT FOR REAL THING TO JUDGE......SAW ONE ON LOT NOT EXCITED BUT IT WAS YELLOW...........TODAY SAW A LOAD IN BLACK BLUE RED AND YELLOW AGAIN.........J DONT LIKE THEM....CURRENTLY MY IF I WIN THE LOTTERY CAR IS STILL CHALLENGER ............WHEN I SEE ONE I GET A LITTLE FEELING INSIDE....
badbiscayne66
badbiscayne66
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

CAMARO Empty Re: CAMARO

Post by The Dude Fri May 15, 2009 10:09 pm

You know, I finally got to see a new Camaro & I'm right there with ya. They look OK, but hands down the Challenger is a more refined car. My only question is which top end model has a better price/power ratio? Twisted Evil

Oh & I also wonder what F*rd is going to do about there not so new Stang to keep up with the competition?
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by badbiscayne66 Fri May 15, 2009 10:22 pm

I LIKE THE MUSTANG BUT COULD BE ROOMYER....THE GTO MAY BE A AWSOME CAR BUT ON THE ROAD HARD TO TELL IT FROM A GRANDAM ...SOME SAY CHALLENGER IS TOO BIG BUT SEEMS A NICE CHEVELLE SIZE TO ME
badbiscayne66
badbiscayne66
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Sat May 16, 2009 8:49 am

I don't like the Camaro very much either.

Challenger hands down!

cheers

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Sat May 16, 2009 11:15 am

I dont care for the new Camaro. The main reason is I hate chopped tops with a passion and that is the look the Camaro has. If I had my choice of any new car under $50,000 it would be a Pontiac G8. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Sat May 16, 2009 11:51 am

The Challenger is my top pick.But as much as I always was/am a GM guy
I might pick a Mustang over the Camaro.I really like the new car as well.
What about the new Hyundai Genisis.Dont laugh, its ugly but its got 300 hp and RWD and is about 24 grand. I dont think I would buy one but for
a young guy that doset care I think it gonna be a big seller.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Sat May 16, 2009 4:44 pm

24 Grand? I think you better look again. I paid almost that much for my Sonata. I bought it in 2005 and have not had one minutes trouble with it. I gave it to my son in law when I took my 78 Elky away from him, and there is nobody any harder on a car than he is. I completely refurbished my 78 Elky and gave it to him and he made it a junk heap in 3 years time. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Sat May 16, 2009 5:50 pm

$24,000 sounds about right for the 3.8L Genesis. The MSRP is only $25,000 so figure in dealer rebates etc. & you could pick up a no options one for that price or get the dinky 2.0 for even cheaper.

If I could have any new car it would be the Lancer Evolution. I've owned 4 Eclipses with the 4G63T engines & I have to say that there's no funner pucker factor than a car that is all wheel drive & turbocharged! They come with 291hp & 300ft/lbs from the factory. Since the 2.0 MIVEC is just an updated 4G63, squeezing 350-375hp out of one of those should only require some better exhaust, an intake, & tinkering with the boost. Maybe $500 at the most.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Sun May 17, 2009 5:36 pm

if you have not seen a ss with the RS package and ground effects package, i know what u mean, i did not like them till i saw a rs! big difference, that is my moms next car too, she wants a 2ss/rs with ground effects package with all options and v8 with a automatic and dark grey metallic paint
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun May 17, 2009 7:33 pm

Corey really not sure if you will see a V-8 slomaro anytime soon for the GM performance division that was developing this motor is now 6 feet under.

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Sun May 17, 2009 8:29 pm

Limey aka Maligoon wrote:Corey really not sure if you will see a V-8 slomaro anytime soon for the GM performance division that was developing this motor is now 6 feet under.

???

CAMARO SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Sun May 17, 2009 9:37 pm

I would buy the Camaro for the drive train alone. 'Nuf said.
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun May 17, 2009 9:53 pm

BlackChevelleSS wrote:
Limey aka Maligoon wrote:Corey really not sure if you will see a V-8 slomaro anytime soon for the GM performance division that was developing this motor is now 6 feet under.

???

GM performace division went under they are no more and thats who was doing R&D for the camaro motor

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Sun May 17, 2009 10:47 pm

Corvettes were never on the team so their production is not affected although the Z/28 version of the new camaro is on hold.
http://www.orble.com/gm-performance-team-shutdown/

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/

'All high-performance projects are on indefinite hold. The engineers are moving into different areas of the organization, and they will work on Cadillacs, Buicks, Chevrolets and Pontiacs.' Muniga went on to say that there are no plans for high-performance versions of upcoming plans, but once (if?) GM is in a better financial position, the team could be reinstated.
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/02/18/breaking-gm-disbands-high-performance-vehicle-operations/

There might be some hope though:

Chevrolet Corvette Z06 and Chevrolet Camaro SS were all developed as a part of their regular design process so these vehicles will live on.
http://www.autotropolis.com/auto-industry-news/gm-slims-down-performance-lineup.html

type in "GM performance shut down" it's been everywhere for a while. Sad
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by ' HARRY ' Mon May 18, 2009 2:06 am

That's a shame. GM and their customers would be better off if they would just build the cars we want instead of the cars the government tells them to build.

Just my dos centavos,

Harry
' HARRY '
' HARRY '
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm

yes we will there are more pre ordered v8 camaros than any other car EVER to be perordered.
if we order one this month it will take until september to get it.
there is a chevy plant that will be working a lot of overtime that was supposed to be vacation time so they can make enough camaros!
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Tue May 19, 2009 2:13 am

*grins devilishly*

I would've laughed so hard if GM had suddenly said, "Yep, the Camaro is returning ... as a FWD car."

I wouldn't have put it past them, considering what they've done to other nameplates the last number of years....

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...Chitown #2 = 07/25/09
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"You were never really ever here" ... Goo Goo Dolls ... 'Here Is Gone'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Tue May 19, 2009 3:07 am

I wonder what's gonna happen to the next model of Impala? They were supposed to be RWD and have the 6.0L goodness cause of the 50 year anniversary. Of course, that was before GM got handcuffed.
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by MichiganMuscle77 Tue May 26, 2009 9:49 pm

The 2010 Camaro is selling extremely well for GM. Overall, it's a success already.

MichiganMuscle77
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Tue May 26, 2009 10:17 pm

yes ive already seen quite a few around in tulsa.
The first one they had here was a black SS that a guy reserved for his wife. When it was avalible to them the guy sent it over to the body shop and had ground effects, wheels, spoiler, etc painted and mounted on it. When they went to pick it up the guys wife said it looked too much like a childs play toy and wouldnt take it. So the guy had them take off all the stuff, fill in all the new holes and had it repainted. So its the first one to probably be repainted. Such a sad story for the first one in oklahoma.

CAMARO SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Tue May 26, 2009 10:25 pm

What a doofus. He and the Mrs. couldn't just drive the car around first to see if they liked it? Shocked
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Tue May 26, 2009 10:26 pm

who knows probably some rich snotty people.... and a stuck up B!TC#

CAMARO SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by badbiscayne66 Tue May 26, 2009 10:30 pm

I WANT TO LIKE EM.....I JUST DON'T........ Sad
badbiscayne66
badbiscayne66
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by yogreasygramma Wed May 27, 2009 3:31 am

ant7377 wrote:The Challenger is my top pick.But as much as I always was/am a GM guy

I hope the Challengers have some balls because I was able to leave a Daytona R/T in the dust with my 100% stock, original and unrestored 74 Monte Carlo Landau with its 2.73 rear end (you can find the write-up of this Monte on this site). They say the R/T Challengers run in the 13s, so that means even with its significant weight disadvantage and highway gears, the Monte's 35 year old, tired mechanicals whip A$$ on Detroit's current offerings. The Charger I wasted was exactly like this limited edition sublime edition:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/steve-brandon/2217024530/
yogreasygramma
yogreasygramma
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down