G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wal mart tire shop

+3
McCauley5983
novaderrik
coreys73chevelle
7 posters

Go down

wal mart tire shop Empty wal mart tire shop

Post by McCauley5983 Tue May 19, 2009 7:29 pm

i needed a valve stem repaired because it started leaking and gave my car a flat. pulled up to the wal mart tire center and they told me 4 bucks to put new valve stems in both back tires. i was hesitent about letting the guys there drive my car because i dont like anybody touching the mechanicals on my car but me. he told me he aint ever seen a car start as fast as mine did and it was really smooth. the got done putting the valve stems in and he told the old guy who worked there to back it out. he couldnt believe how nice it was either and i ended up getting the work done for free! how cool is that. the 3rd gen chevelle is starting to get some respect from people
McCauley5983
McCauley5983
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

wal mart tire shop Empty Re: wal mart tire shop

Post by coreys73chevelle Wed May 20, 2009 8:09 pm

cool
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Thu May 21, 2009 12:54 am

my cousin took the ol malibu up to walmart or somewhere for an oil change. well they put on the wrong filter and couldnt get the hood shut. stupid people.

wal mart tire shop SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by novaderrik Thu May 21, 2009 2:32 am

i'm surprised they agreed to work on a car with non stock wheels that had a non stock size tire on it.

novaderrik
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Thu May 21, 2009 9:36 am

novaderrik wrote:i'm surprised they agreed to work on a car with non stock wheels that had a non stock size tire on it.

They will... but watch out if you're missing a lugnut. I just went to get some tires mounted on the Olds rallys. Apparently they had gotten 3 of the 4 done, but when it came to # 4 they refused to touch it because of 1 missing lugnut. I was told they would have to stop right there or I could buy a pack of lugnuts. Good thing a guy I know works in there, he let me do all of the work on that wheel & they knocked that off the price.

If he didn't work in the shop, I'd never go to Walmart auto. They look at you crazy when you bring in tires that they didn't sell you, they tell you certain sizes don't exist in their records (when you know the do), & good luck if you're brave (or lazy) enough to let them change your oil. I've heard too many Walmart horror stories about oil changes to try that.

The sad thing is most of the "mechanics" at my Walmart are all car nuts. You can tell that by the line of Eclipses with huge front mount intercoolers parked next to the sweet looking Rustang that's there everyday.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by McCauley5983 Thu May 21, 2009 11:13 am

ya it surprised me. i was really hesitent about getting it done there but i was already there and the tire wasnt going to air itself back up on its own. they did a decent job and they let me take the caps off so the wouldnt scratch or dent the centers
McCauley5983
McCauley5983
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Thu May 21, 2009 12:09 pm

At least you can be happy that the people that work at the Wal Mart near you are at least a little nice. I think all the ones in Indiana require you to be a jerk when you work there.
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Thu May 21, 2009 4:27 pm

maybe they turn to jerks after working there for sometime.

wal mart tire shop SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Thu May 21, 2009 4:39 pm

Nah they just think they know it all like those helpful guys at Oreilly that need to know your engine size before they can give you a set of brakes. Razz
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu May 21, 2009 6:39 pm

yea i know what you mean i always tell them a 502 BBCADDILAC motor that usually shuts them up LMAO

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down