G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new to me daily driver

5 posters

Go down

new to me daily driver Empty new to me daily driver

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:43 am

so the daughter needed a car (PA inspections suck),so i gave her my 05 grand prix gt.
new to me daily driver Prix10
in which i get asked by a PA notary "why are you giving it to her?",i reply "am i not alowed to?". i guess PA does not like it when they dont get their TAX money.

i took ownership of a 07 6.0 1500 fully loaded chevy silverado max.

new to me daily driver Truck10

i brought the 02 camry home.boy what a trip that was.it needs tires,exhaust,brakes,and the interior cleaned.but after all is fixed,im going to give it to my youngest for his first car.
new to me daily driver Camry10

i did promise the youngest that he could have the 86 caprice,but i think that should be his toy.i have owned my 73 monte for 13 years,and have never used it for a daily driver.so maybe he could have the same thought process as me,but with the caprice.

new to me daily driver Capric10
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

new to me daily driver Empty Re: new to me daily driver

Post by driveit Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:46 am

I like the caprice. It reminds me of the 84 LeSabre I had for my first car. Come out from the factory with a 307 olds motor. Good car.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:15 am

1973 454 MONTE wrote:in which i get asked by a PA notary "why are you giving it to her?",i reply "am i not alowed to?". i guess PA does not like it when they dont get their TAX money.
Yep.  The Vampire State is the same way.  I once had a guy give me a 70 Monte for free as long as I got it out of his yard.  Tried to register it at the DMV and they lost their farking minds that I didn't pay anything for it.Rolling Eyes
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:35 pm

I believe most states are the same way about losing a buck of taxes. And if cars aren't bad enough to states losing a buck, airplanes are even worse. My current one is in a Delaware Corporation instead of state registry.

Great looking red truck !

The Caprice is cool !

When my oldest started driving, I gave him my '76 Caddy Coupe DeVille, 5300 pounds of iron. Good thing too, since he dinged it up a bit, but at least he didn't get hurt in it.

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:27 pm

My son is not driving my car unless I am with him. I've got a long time before I have to worry about that though. I am thinking of keeping my 75 and giving it to him some day. If I can ever get this 82 Malibu worked out maybe I will give it to my daughter too. Just hope they don't sell em when I am gone.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:05 pm

Our state has a predetermined "value system", so even if you get a ride for free, you pay what they say it's worth. In my case w/ the Malibu, I had to pay tax on about a $3,500 "Value" plus fees for tax & a new title. I think it was about $300.

There is no escape from death or taxes, at least not here.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:10 pm

77mali wrote:Our state has a predetermined "value system", so even if you get a ride for free, you pay what they say it's worth. In my case w/ the Malibu, I had to pay tax on about a $3,500 "Value" plus fees for tax & a new title.  I think it was about $300.

That Sux!
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:33 pm

77mali wrote:Our state has a predetermined "value system", so even if you get a ride for free, you pay what they say it's worth. In my case w/ the Malibu, I had to pay tax on about a $3,500 "Value" plus fees for tax & a new title.  I think it was about $300.

Curious: what's the value based on? Blue book? What if you paid more or less than that? Does that factor in?
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:53 pm

It's based on their version of true market value, KBB is just part of the equation. If you paid less- than you pay the "TMV", if you paid more than you'd pay on what the purchase price was. In other words I paid on a value of $3,500 even though I paid far less than that. If I had paid $20k for it, than that's what I'd be taxed on.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:34 pm

Wow. You pay 'more' or 'even more', whichever is higher. That does suck. Hope NY doesn't find out -- they'll look across the Hudson and say "Hey, look what they're getting away with over there!"
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:59 pm

I don't want to turn Chris' nice little thread into a discussion about Taxachusetts, LOL.   Maybe someday we all can use the chatbox & yuck it up on taxes & politics. Wink

I was looking at a GMC Sierra myself... Good luck w/ the Silverado Chris.  Good trucks, I see many on CL here from as far back as '95 still on the road in good shape (the one's that were taken care of anyway). The Camry will be good for the boy (don't let him daily drive that Caprice), it'll just get banged up- the Toyota won't mind that.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down