G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Krylon and Rustoleum

4 posters

Go down

Krylon and Rustoleum Empty Krylon and Rustoleum

Post by special4 Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:03 pm

Hi
somebody uses a krylon rust protector or rustoleum hammered? both uv protection?
thanks

special4
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Krylon and Rustoleum Empty Re: Krylon and Rustoleum

Post by pila Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:50 pm

my experience with Rustoleum Hammered has been bad. It takes about three coats of the stuff to completely cover, because of the hammered process, which leaves little high & low spots in the paint surface, and it CAN begin to rust in the low/thin spots with only one coat applied.

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:03 pm

Krylon is garbage. If you really want to stop rust you need POR15 or a similar product & then a good primer & topcoat. If you use a good hi-build primer you may get away with less than 3 coats of a "hammered" paint, although that would not my 1st choice as a top-coat. Just my opinion.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:45 pm

I've had good luck with ace hardware rust stop products.  On my d/d crown Vic. I sandblasted the wheels (somewhat half assed) and used their rust stop primer and paint.  Its been three years and they still look good. (Some of the deep pitted areas did rust again, but like I said I kind of did a quickie job.)2013-12-20
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum