G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi new member from Copenhagen.

+10
driveit
Dinomyte
1973montec
pila
dynchel
Limey SE
JB2wheeler
1973 454 MONTE
thatfnthing
Tom77
14 posters

Go down

Hi new member from Copenhagen. Empty Hi new member from Copenhagen.

Post by Hs1973 Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:26 am

Hi all. My name is Henrik. I live in Copenhagen Denmark. I have a 1975 chevelle 2 door hardtop wich i have been restoring for almost 4 years now. She is almost done, i wish i had Foundation this site along time ago. That could have been helpful during the restoration. Anyways i have altered a few thinks as i like the 73 version more, espesially the taillights so i have created a custom taillight panel with the round ligths that looks almost like a 73. And i have molded a centersection of a 67 ss camaro hood scoop on it. I Think it looks pretty Nice.
I had it painted recently in a costum color i made myself with Lots of goldpearl in a Black base so now it is a bottle green and changes color from green over brown to gold in diiferent light.
I hope to put up pictures soon. I need some of the trim for it amongst other things. so If anyone have a complete set wheelarc crometrim i would be a happy man. Anyways here in Denmark us made cars are pretty Big and i have had severel cars over the years including charger, elcamino, mustang and cougar. The chevelle/ elcamino 1973-1977 has always been a favorite and i have had 5 or 6 malibu and elcaminos in the past. I like this site alot and ill be back with pictures soon. Greetings from Copenhagen.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Hi new member from Copenhagen. Empty Re: Hi new member from Copenhagen.

Post by driveit Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:12 am

Welcome Henrik. Can't wait to see your car and any photos you have of your build.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:17 am

Welcome to the site cant wait to see the pictures.
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:21 am

Welcome!
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:37 am

welcome
we love project pics
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:58 am

Thank you all. I will post pictures this weekend when i go to the garage to try and restore all the inside plastik trim.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:13 pm

Welcpme Henrik. I sold one of the cars I restored to a gentleman in Germany a number of years ago, so I am aware there are lovers of U.S. cars in that area of the world. What impresses me most is that owners over there are very careful about maintaning their cars. JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:20 pm

Welcome Aboard Henrik Cant wait to see this one ....
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:45 pm

Welcome. Very Happy
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:57 pm

Welcome Henrik  Very Happy  The wheel-well moldings you need are very hard to find !

Bill

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973montec Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:58 am

welcome
1973montec
1973montec
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:36 pm

I will be taking mine off soon, but I will only have two that are good. That is if I can get the screws out. I couldn't get them out of that back one. Worked for a half hour on it then broke out the grinder. It was already broke anyway!
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:37 am

Thank you for all your velcome. I will post pictures this weekend when i have some free time to go to the garage and snap some fotos. Here in Europe we have alot of us cars, but they are mostly for pleasure trips. When you have a car 35 years or older you have the option on register it as a classic car, and get cheaper tax and insurence. But then you cannot use it for anything other than pleasure trips. Like its not aloved to drive it to work or the store etc. So most of the us cars here are very well maintained and i good condition.

In sweden our nabo country they have Thousends of Nice us cars. They importen alot of musclecars during the energy crisis in the 70es. They have espesially alot of hard to find mopars and gm bigblock cars. It is a Big industrie in sweden, and of course it has rubbed of on us in Denmark. I have been in to us cars since i was a little boy, the normal cars at the time was Fiat opel wv and german Fords. So when ever a Big American chevy went by my eyes was falling out of the head i always wished my dad would by one.

Anyways the elcamino and malibu wagon 1973-77 was something that i saw alot and they became cheap with time, so my first us car was i 1973 elcamino. I learned to know my wife and had alot of fun in it. So natually i has always had a place in my mind, i i feel kind of naked without having one. I dont know why most people Think they are not Real musclecar cars, they ride good and are afordable compared to say 70-72 chevelle,camaro or other popular models.
But hey i like them and If you tuck the bumpers they actually look pretty good. Im going to built mine the Way i want and have fun with it. Im only happy to have Found others that Think they are cool to.
I know the wheel trim is hard to find but ill keep looking. Im currently trying to restore all my interior plastik trim and dye it Black, we will se how it goes. Kind regards to all Henrik.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinomyte Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:00 am

Welcome Henrik :

You remind me of myself as a kid. My dad bought a used '68 Bel Air when I was 2 (1972), because I wouldn't get out of the car when he and I went to see it, he had to forcibly remove me kicking and screaming, and then I got violently sick.

At least that's the story he tells.

I look forward to seeing some pictures and those rear tail lights.

Dinomyte
Dinomyte
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:07 am

sorry guys i have succesfully uploaded to my avatar, but i cant seem to upload pictures. i get to were i have uploaded the file but when i hit the copy button nothing happens. im not wery pc minded, so can someone tell me how to? upload pictures please
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:19 pm

Here is a little something I put together in the last 45 minutes.  Hope it helps.

Hosting and inserting an image.

Step 1: Click the highlighted button as shown in the image below, to host an image that is not already on the web.
Hi new member from Copenhagen. Step_110

Step 2: Click the Choose File button and select your file.  Once it has been selected click Host It.
Hi new member from Copenhagen. Step_210

Step 3: You will then see three text boxes.  Click in the bottom text box and it will highlight in blue.  Right-click on this blue highlighted text with your mouse and select Copy.  The menu box where you selected Copy will go away. Then click Upload at the bottom.
Hi new member from Copenhagen. Step_310

Step 4: Now you will need to click the Insert Image button. and right click in the top box which is the URL box and select Paste.  You will see this in image 1 below.  The copied text will now be shown in the top text box in this menu shown in Image 2.

Image1.
Hi new member from Copenhagen. Step_410

Image2.
Hi new member from Copenhagen. Step_510

Step 5:
After you paste in the copied URL from the Host Image box into the URL box on the Insert Image menu and click Insert it will look like this.
Hi new member from Copenhagen. Step_610

After you click the Send button at the bottom you will see the photo displayed as is shown below.
Hi new member from Copenhagen. Seats11
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:26 pm

You need to be a member for 7 days before you can post pictures, you have 4 days until you can post pics.
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:03 pm

Welcome to the site.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:42 am

Welcome sounds really nice.

Wally
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:14 am

Ok i will try it again in a couple of days and see If i can make it happen. Thank you for the Nice welcome, see you later.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down