G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sport mirrors

3 posters

Go down

Sport mirrors Empty Sport mirrors

Post by alowerlevel Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:31 am

Wanting to ditch the single side mirror on my 73 Chevelle, I know where theres a set of sport mirrors from a 76 Monte and was wondering if they will fit my 73? Im not talking about the mounting holes etc, I know Ill have to drill holes but will the bases mount to my doors correctly? Im thinking they wont, but it never hurts to ask.
alowerlevel
alowerlevel
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Sport mirrors Empty Re: Sport mirrors

Post by dynchel Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:17 am

Considering the doors for a Monte Carlo can be bolted to a Malibu, I would say chances are good they will work.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:18 am

The spacer between the mirror base and door will be a little different in "pitch" to accommodate the different angle of the sheet metal between the two models.  It isn't much of a difference and you may be able to live with it.  Besides, I could help with the correct spacers if needed.  

Also, just be aware that the single mirror base has a different profile than on the sport mirror and you may have to deal with some cosmetic issues with the paint as the sport mirror base won't hide all the area covered by the single mirror base.  You know...kind of like when replacing a door lock/latch on a painted door in your home and the new ones are a little smaller and don't hide the marks left by the old ones...until you re-paint.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by alowerlevel Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:10 pm

Mcarlo77 wrote:The spacer between the mirror base and door will be a little different in "pitch" to accommodate the different angle of the sheet metal between the two models.  It isn't much of a difference and you may be able to live with it.  Besides, I could help with the correct spacers if needed.  

Also, just be aware that the single mirror base has a different profile than on the sport mirror and you may have to deal with some cosmetic issues with the paint as the sport mirror base won't hide all the area covered by the single mirror base.  You know...kind of like when replacing a door lock/latch on a painted door in your home and the new ones are a little smaller and don't hide the marks left by the old ones...until you re-paint.

Thanks for the info, and Ill keep you in mind if I get them and need the spacers.
alowerlevel
alowerlevel
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down