G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abandoned car photography

3 posters

Go down

Abandoned car photography Empty Abandoned car photography

Post by knightfan26917 Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:39 pm

I’ve a love-hate relationship with photos of vehicles abandoned. Don’t like that vehicles are just left to sit there, but … they do make for awesome pictorial subjects. A friend took this in east-central IL:
http://www.oldcarsstronghearts.com/2015/04/10/friday-photo-12/

While Thursday’s major tornado in IL did not directly affect me, it hit some areas that I’ve known virtually my whole life:
http://www.oldcarsstronghearts.com/2015/04/11/saturday-smorgasbord-13/

&, about those 2 actors who died this week:
http://www.oldcarsstronghearts.com/2015/04/09/thursday-theatre-12/

Cort Smile www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"We can breathe again" __ Seether & Amy Lee (Evanescence) __ 'Broken'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Abandoned car photography Empty Re: Abandoned car photography

Post by dynchel Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:54 pm

There is a whole page on Facebook "abandoned & neglected vehicles". I know Anthony (limey) was near the tornados, but ended up ok in the end.

Last edited by dynchel on Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:56 pm

dynchel wrote:There is a whole page on Facebook "abandoned & neglected vehicles". I know Anthony (limey) was near the tornados, but ended up ok in the end.

We got a lot of rain and had some scares Local here but about 30 minutes to the east is where it's devastation hit we are still waiting to hear from her Cousin that Lives there, He can not be reached or has been to work, Hes a field service tech for Verizon Phone company, I can only hope and pray he and his family are safe and they Just don't have access to a phone yet. I know he only has a wireless phone and between him and his wife.
We are not supposed to have an EF 4 tornado in this area EVER, signs of change for sure.
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:36 am

dynchel wrote:There is a whole page on Facebook "abandoned & neglected vehicles".

Yep ... I used to be a member of that group.

Limey SE wrote:we are still waiting to hear from her Cousin that Lives there, He can not be reached or has been to work, Hes a field service tech for Verizon Phone company, I can only hope and pray he and his family are safe and they Just don't have access to a phone yet. I know he only has a wireless phone and between him and his wife.

Hopefully you've heard from them by now. If not, might be worth taking the time to drive out that way....

Cort Smile www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"Without you, I'm not me" __ Colin Raye __ 'Little Rock'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content