G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

73 ss exhaust manifold fastener question

3 posters

Go down

73 ss exhaust manifold fastener question Empty 73 ss exhaust manifold fastener question

Post by clanceman427 Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:14 pm

On the stock setup for a 73 ss Chevelle with a 350, does the very front exhaust manifold fastener on the driver's side get a dual stud? Such that the main part of the stud mounts the manifold and then another stud for using a nut and washer for the power steering bracket? I'm tossing the headers that came on my car for stock exhaust setup. Thanks
clanceman427
clanceman427
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

73 ss exhaust manifold fastener question Empty Re: 73 ss exhaust manifold fastener question

Post by Joe73 Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:24 pm

Id love to help you with this one but I removed my stock manifds back in 1983. And I dont have power steering.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

73 ss exhaust manifold fastener question Empty Re: 73 ss exhaust manifold fastener question

Post by clanceman427 Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:41 pm

Ok I got it figured it out once I installed the manifold. It just uses a slightly longer bolt since the bracket lies right against the manifold.
clanceman427
clanceman427
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:55 am

It doesn't lie right next to it ...It does take that that double Bolt you mentioned it helps keep the power steering lined up at WOT
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down