G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

From Ohio to Lido Key Florida.

+6
badbiscayne66
IndyG3
moneypit73
Limey SE
orange Juiced
JB2wheeler
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

From Ohio to Lido Key Florida. - Page 2 Empty Re: From Ohio to Lido Key Florida.

Post by jonny o Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:49 am

Safe and sound gents. Ready for a shower and some sleep. It's really a feeling of accomplishment, if I may get mushy for a second.

That shouldn't have happened as smoothly as it did. It really feels good to know my half-assed attempt at putting this thing together ended up in something this reliable.

Excuse the vulgarity, but I feel the same as I do after a good 2 hour fu*k...

Thanks for all the kind words guys, and don't be afraid to beat the hel out of your rides!

jonny o
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

From Ohio to Lido Key Florida. - Page 2 Empty Re: From Ohio to Lido Key Florida.

Post by The Dude Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:55 am

I trust my carbureted gas guzzler to go across the country & back without a hiccup. I trust my wife's 2001 Taurus to go across town...... sometimes. Need I say more?

Seeing someone else do it just reassures me that I'm not crazy. bounce
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by yogreasygramma Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:35 am

jonny o wrote:Safe and sound gents. Ready for a shower and some sleep. It's really a feeling of accomplishment, if I may get mushy for a second.

That shouldn't have happened as smoothly as it did. It really feels good to know my half-assed attempt at putting this thing together ended up in something this reliable.

Excuse the vulgarity, but I feel the same as I do after a good 2 hour fu*k...

Thanks for all the kind words guys, and don't be afraid to beat the hel out of your rides!

Glad you got home OK. And the car! That's why I consider these cars the best in the world. I use to take my first 73 Monte all across the country, flooring it all the time (which equalled speeds of well over 100 mph and trip averages of over 80 mph including all stops), without a problem. That car only broke down once, when the timing gear/chain fell off and I had to rebuild the engine). So it was basically bulletproof, refused to break down no matter how hard I beat on it (which was all the time), and comfortable and safe at the same time.
yogreasygramma
yogreasygramma
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by jonny o Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:28 am

Rooting through the track visit "work photos" and found this one.
This was somewhere in the sticks of Kentucky where I made one of my many stops for work.
No point, but it's a daylight shot of the running gear I was anxious to get on for this drive and it helped.

As you can see, I really wanted to fill the fenders and give it that old trans-am/roundy-round feel. It took a lot of measuring, but it worked.

Photobucket

jonny o
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bobs77mali Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:28 am

Nice ride like the rims, and wheel wells stuffed with big tires. I have 255/70's on mine. That exhuast sounds sweet
bobs77mali
bobs77mali
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by jonny o Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:44 pm

Threadbump.... haven't  driven her much since then. She's been pampered in my shop for years.
It's time to move on.  Thinking about using the chassis and drivetrain for a project. That leaves the body in its entirety up for grabs  if anyone wants it. Not perfect by any stretch but it's all here... glass, bumpers, interior.  Blast from the past cleaning it out !

jonny o
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2