G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL

+34
Mcarlo77
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Iggy
Joe73
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
LSANTI76
zucchi
MaliCrusier / Mitch
Mitchell Murphy
77mali
1975 S3
bracketchev1221
Zaptiah
fasrnur
pila
73ss
thatfnthing
dhw3971
buggy5872
Roadcaptain S3
marx3
zot
crice63
clanceman427
dynchel
Damon23
DaveFury
Tom77
SSTOOLMAN
knightfan26917
Hs1973
jerry46765
tropdeprojet
74 beast
38 posters

Page 19 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 19 Empty Re: This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:44 am

Hey. That’s a crazy little pup-tent. How much snow do you usually get around your house? How many pond stakes do you think it will take to hold it down? Good luck with your winter storage. Cheers.
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 19

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 19 Empty Re: This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL

Post by Limey SE Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:18 pm

One missed letter changes the whole sentence ....... Meant to say pound screw stakes in, then twist them down last year we had about 40" total thru the year and Most didnt come till the last 8 weeks of winter We had one blast of storms was a 4 days and total was about 21" in them four days
Picture shows the Stakes I use 6 extra in conjunction with the 4 Corner stakes supplied in the Kit its a 10' x 17' And I think I will flip the black around. It's a 20 x 30 recycled billboard style tarp BUT FOR half the price I ordered the same Mil thickness as there tarp and got it thru Harbor Freight.

I think Im gonna flip it from the 30' going over top to the 20' going over instead to give Back side a little extra security Since I cant see that side from Inside house the extra 13ft will enclose the back Nicely with an Extra barrier for wind and snow.

This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 19 10932510

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:33 pm

Good deal. I remember something from college about how important punctuation is. If you just miss one comma then the entire sentence changes. I/E:

“Do you want to eat, grandma?”
Or
“Do you want to eat grandma?”

Good luck with your winter storage. Winter storage for us in this area would be making a raft.
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Iggy Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:37 pm

I had little choice but to put up a building years ago for winter storage, where I am at we get around 200 inches a year, mostly Lake Effect snow.  Took me 10 years before I had the building insulated and heated, but now I do not mind working on cars in the winter - I leave it at 50* when not there and bump it up when I do work on things.  Only problem is you always need twice the building that you had built.
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 19 _69_gr10
My 30 by 40 pole building, the Grand Prix is long gone now!

That building is how I am able to keep all of my Big Block parts in good shape (no rust) - never know when I need to use or trade them!
Iggy
Iggy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 15

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:05 pm

Goodnight Irene see ya when I see ya with a little work getting done when warm enough thru the winter months

This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 19 26412110
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 19 26317310
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 19 26294910

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:53 am

Well mother Nature gave the New Home to the SE its first test of all teats Had Winds of 75mph with sustained of 45 to 50
Great News CAR WAS UNTOUCHED My Nerves were shot though LMAO

All in all it took our shed out It actually formed itself to our Boat WHAAAAAA
affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid

Ripped our Locked Truck Topper off Truck and it flew up and Over our House and Landed about 40 ft from the house after flying over it oooopps Fly little friend fly away, Put a Nasty Crease in the Side of Cab almost shattered the rear window it was that Close God was watching out for sure !!!

This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 19 26491610
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 19 26450710
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 19 26287010
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 19 26266710
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 19 26346310

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by bucket Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:47 pm

Holy crap! Must have been breezy! What area are you in again?

bucket
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:08 pm

Northern Illinois Just 20 minutes from Wisconsin Border

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:02 pm

40 degrees outside  (34 windchill)  What do you do WELL YA GRAB  a coat and tools LOL got some work done at least accessories and Radiator are installed ( took a gamble on a Marketplace radiator) It was NIB he didn't know what it was for and fits perfect. Have to paint the rad cover But waiting on the 454 decal to arrive for the Radiator cover Gonna use a 74 454 Decal for it PROGRESS IS PROGRESS right ??

This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 19 Receiv24
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 19 20211210
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 19 20211211
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 19 Receiv25
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 19 20211212
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 19 20211213

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:10 am

Keep at it Limey! That thing will be running before the snow melts at this rate!
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:38 am

g3chevy / Mr Pontiac wrote: Keep at it Limey! That thing will be running before the snow melts at this rate!

Gotta get SNow first were having a Thunderstorm with Lightning right now LOL 1030 at Night on December 26th WOOOOOWWW

GoFast <?>

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:18 pm

We'll I guess that's better than sweating your arse off! It was 84 degrees here in Houston yesterday! Will be in the 80's most of the week, and worst of it, I'll have to mow the front yard again lol.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:46 pm

g3chevy / Mr Pontiac wrote:We'll I guess that's better than sweating your arse off! It was 84 degrees here in Houston yesterday! Will be in the 80's most of the week, and worst of it, I'll have to mow the front yard again lol.

I WILL TAKE IT SIGN ME UP LOL

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:04 pm

Well My idea Worked kik A$$ the 4.5" snow slid right off the black tarp as soon as the Sun hit it this morning...... LOVE IT WHEN A PLAN COMES TOGETHER

This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 19 27029910

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:34 pm

No real Updates over winter Except WHOA LORD I FINALLY yes FINALLY have someone doing my stripes and I made a Custom Radiator Cover emissions label for a 454 and 1977 just a Little custom Touch .... And Joe73 our resident Chevelle Guru for stuff gave me the correct code for 454 BUT was after printing, LOL   But its ok unless someone Local to me truly knows them Suffix codes not a big deal

This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 19 27170810This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 19 27165410

ALSO I'm having a debate with Kids and me LOL  I wanted to redo Mine Original Silver with red interior BUT Kiddo's Liked the Black color Better and Since I have two of the SE's daughter wants hers Silver (black interior) bar none so the More I thought about it I actually think the Firethorne red Interior would pop Better with the Black paint & newly done stripes than it would with silver on red

THOUGHTS ??

This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 19 03171516
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 19 34321910
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 19 27063010

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by zucchi Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:56 pm

Black cherry with scallops.
zucchi
zucchi
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:13 pm

zucchi wrote:Black cherry with scallops.

This is Not up for a New style Paint job as Its a 1 of 50 made Vehicle 1977 Chevelle SE and it will be taken back to original like in the Pictures If I wanted a Custom Color with scallops I would buy a 76 Malibu with no meaning.

I chased these cars for 20+ years and want to be like it left the Dealer in 1977 I am 3/4 the way there with Body and then Paint and stripes are being developed as I type this.... I'm sorry if I come across short that is not my intention at all, Just a man of very few words as of late

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:39 pm

Hey Man of Few Words, that black with the red stripes looks really good. It would also make that big block stand out when you opened the hood.
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:35 pm

3 different colors make the One stripe up

This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 19 27278010
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 19 27224010
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 19 27211210

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by LSANTI76 Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:04 pm

I definitely agree with Mr. 600.... going Black with striping colors shown. This combo really pops & defines uniqueness / boldness of a SE Edition. On a side note if I'm not mistaken....wasn't there a few White SE's produced as well?
LSANTI76
LSANTI76
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:23 pm

LSANTI76 wrote:I definitely agree with Mr. 600.... going Black with striping colors shown. This combo really pops & defines uniqueness / boldness of a SE Edition. On a side note if I'm not mistaken....wasn't there a few White SE's produced as well?

Yes there were and an Owner of one is a New Member here I'm just not much of a white car person.....

This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 19 20211134

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Iggy Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:55 am

White is also known as "Michigan Camouflage"!

I personally like Silver and Charcoal, but a Black car with a Red interior really looks nice! My 1977 Monte was Firethorn Red with the red interior - that is my favorite car - had over 200,000 miles on that car by 1985 - should have saved it.
Iggy
Iggy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 15

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:59 pm

"Michigan Camouflage"
That’s funny.
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:23 am

Id go stock color combo on that car. And Id keep those stripe colors. Only thing is that I would paint them on and bury them in clearcoat. Id let the base color dry overnight, shoot a quick single coat of "intercoat" in the area where the stripes go, then tape if off and shoot. Then clear coat the whole car. Intercoat would give you some safety in case the stripe color runs under the masking tape. You can sand it a bit without touching the base coat which would cause issues. Just my 2 cents.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:57 am

stripes are being Made in Vinyl Joe73 just like factory and the SE Can be any color you wanted as Long as Black, White or Silver was one of your choice's LOL My hands are not steady enough for masking off straight lines for paint I appreciate your's and ev1 else's feedback though

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next