G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Squeaking window

5 posters

Go down

Squeaking window Empty Squeaking window

Post by 77MonteAbody Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:29 pm

My drivers side window squeaks horribly only when in the most downward position riding over bumps. If I raise it up just a little the squeak is much less but still there. If I close the window all the way squeak is gone. I have manual roll up windows. I fixed the 2 felt guides and got rid of the slop, the window is tight now but still squeaks. Its very annoying. Any clue to whats causing this? thx
77MonteAbody
77MonteAbody
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Squeaking window Empty Re: Squeaking window

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:39 pm

Pull the door panels off and check all the bolts that hold the vertical window channel in place. Then I would grease the vertical and horizontal channels that the guide rollers slide through while you have the panels off. Hopefully that will fix your squeak.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:20 pm

I put a set of power windows in from this place
http://www.nu-relics.com/
They come with harness and all. New car style motors have lots of power for our big heavy windows. Was a nice bolt in product. Just a thought. I'm not sure if the Chevelle windows and monty is the same but it may be.

http://www.nu-relics.com/chevelle-s/204.htm
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by 77MonteAbody Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:18 am

thanks for the responses. I am planning to pull the panel to install set of sport mirrors if I ever get around to painting them.

I emailed nu relics to ask if that kit will work on a 77 MC, $450 is a great price if it comes with everything needed.
77MonteAbody
77MonteAbody
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:55 am

All factory regulators are the same...so, no reason to believe Nu Relics won't work on your Monte.

If you don't want to spend the big bucks, I've got a good used set I pulled some years ago...wiring, switches and regulators. $250.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by 77MonteAbody Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:41 pm

Mcarlo77 wrote:All factory regulators are the same...so, no reason to believe Nu Relics won't work on your Monte.

If you don't want to spend the big bucks, I've got a good used set I pulled some years ago...wiring, switches and regulators.  $250.

thats a great offer thanks but I have to wait on that for now. Once I paint and install the set of sport mirrors I bought going to try and fix window while door panel is off....thx..
77MonteAbody
77MonteAbody
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:29 pm

Mine did the same, it sqeaked like crazy when rolled Down. I took the door card off and it was the glass hitting a little part of the door Inner structure edge. I bend the edge a little so the glass did not rub on it and the squeak is gone. I also tjekked the felts and so on was in good condition. It only touched a tiny bit, but it was enough for it to squeak alot.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down