G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Block Chevy Serpentine Pulleys

Go down

Big Block Chevy Serpentine Pulleys  Empty Big Block Chevy Serpentine Pulleys

Post by REVINKEVIN on Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:18 pm

Hey.  I made a change to the engine I am going to use on my Laguna.  No more LS7.  Now I am going to build a 496 Big Block.  I have already sourced a set of Edelbrock RPM oval ports from under a bench at a machine shop.  I also now have an Edelbrock RPM Air Gap intake as well.  I quit smoking cigarettes and drinking beer 4 months ago now and used that money to buy a 454 4 bolt main block.  I am starting to gather things I need and the serpentine belt pulleys are on my list.  I could also use a nice oil pan.  Thanks.
REVINKEVIN
REVINKEVIN
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Big Block Chevy Serpentine Pulleys  Empty Re: Big Block Chevy Serpentine Pulleys

Post by g3chevy on Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:31 pm

Hey Kevin, just sold a 454 block with a spun con rod bearing for $300 just before you bought the frame from me. I've seen a couple of 454 engines on our local craigslist with factory serpentine belt setups in the last few months. He's one that needs rebuilding with a serpentine setup.

http://houston.craigslist.org/pts/5929928641.html
g3chevy
g3chevy
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Big Block Chevy Serpentine Pulleys  Empty Re: Big Block Chevy Serpentine Pulleys

Post by REVINKEVIN on Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:28 pm

Thanks. Nice to hear from you again.
REVINKEVIN
REVINKEVIN
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by 73ss on Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:36 pm

Just curious, What year/generation 454 did you score? The one in the CL post is a gen 5. I'm on the look-out for a gen 6, 1996 & up. factory roller cam, 1 piece seals, 4-bolt mains, great foundation for a build. No fuel pump boss is the negative.

I don't think the air-gap will fit under a stock hood. maybe check the edelbrock web-site.
73ss
73ss
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN on Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:38 pm

Hey. I have the Gen IV with the fuel pump boss. The Eddy site doesn't mention the Air Gap not fitting under our hoods. I read through the guide of the cars it doesn't fit. I saw a Gen a VI on the local Craigs List the other day. I might have to run the Air Gap without a carb ;-)
REVINKEVIN
REVINKEVIN
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down