G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LS Serpentine System Question

2 posters

Go down

LS Serpentine System Question Empty LS Serpentine System Question

Post by Iggy Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:28 pm

For the guys running an LS in your car, what factory serpentine system fits best?  Will a truck system clear our stock hoods?  Is a Corvette system too close to the crossmember?  I have heard that an LS1 F-Body/GTO system fits our cars without modifications, but have not found any information confirming that.

Breakdown of what I have now - LQ4 iron block bored .020", align honed with ARP main studs, and the deck of the block checked out to within .001"!  I have a set of flat-top forged pistons and forged rods, stock crank polished.  I was able to find a set of 799 heads at a reasonable price that have been rebuilt and have .625" lift springs and also have a Dorman LS2 intake - basically have an iron block LS2 clone 11:1 engine that I will be keeping NA.  Since I did not get a serpentine system with the block (I did get the block and crank cheap), I need to find one and would like to keep it factory so if I am on the road I will be able to get replacement parts at any auto parts store.

I still need to get a balancer before I can have my rotating assembly balanced, so I need to choose one of the three as they have different offsets.  Thanks.
Iggy
Iggy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

LS Serpentine System Question Empty Re: LS Serpentine System Question

Post by McCauley5983 Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:39 pm

I'm running the truck system with an 06 camaro pump and dirty dingo idler relocation bracket. And windstar fans. Still working out a couple of things but it's all under a stock hood
LS Serpentine System Question 20220510LS Serpentine System Question 20220512LS Serpentine System Question 20220511LS Serpentine System Question 20220513
McCauley5983
McCauley5983
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down