G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cash for clunkers cost 25 grand per vehicle

+2
Roadcaptain S3
novaderrik
6 posters

Go down

Cash for clunkers cost 25 grand per vehicle Empty Cash for clunkers cost 25 grand per vehicle

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:33 pm

Just read an article that said that for every car sold under the "Cash for Clunkers" program, total cost to the gubment (that's you and me fellow taxpayers) $25,000.

That includes the discount, labor cost to disable the trade-in vehicle, storage (because the dealers can't get their money from Uncle Sam) and final cost to crush the Clunker.

I have a friend working at one of the Toyota dealerships here, and he told me the other day that some of the people who purchased vehicles under that program, are already defaulting on their loans, because they couldn't really afford the cars they bought-WOW

I gues you could say C for C was a HUGE success.
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Cash for clunkers cost 25 grand per vehicle Empty Re: Cash for clunkers cost 25 grand per vehicle

Post by bigredlaguna Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:01 pm

I still can't get over the crush it right now requirement. It would have been more cost effective to sell the CFC cars to scrapyards, cut out the VIN with a sawzall, and turn in the title with the cut out VIN.
The vehicle would have been effectively taken off the road, the govt. gotten some money back via private sector competition to purchase the vehicle, and the private sector would be able to make money selling the parts.
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 53

Back to top Go down

Cash for clunkers cost 25 grand per vehicle Empty Re: Cash for clunkers cost 25 grand per vehicle

Post by novaderrik Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:34 am

the cars didn't have to be crushed right away- the engines were killed, then the cars could be put in the junkyard to be picked at like any other car. it had to be crushed within 6 months of the yard getting the car, with documentation sent into the government to prove it was properly disposed of.
this whole thing was just another government fustercluck..

novaderrik
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:20 am

My buddy at the toyota dealer is telling me that they have to keep the car til they get the money for it (even though it's disabled)-they have to store them at their lot or elsewhere til the feds release the car-in other words they have to keep the car to prove they have it-go figure- also consider that since it won't run, it must be tralered when finally allowed to move- he says it's costing them money but the feds will supposedly reimburse them-BURN THAT TAXPAYER CASH BABY!!
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by bigredlaguna Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:49 am

And this plan was relatively simple.
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:22 pm

novaderrik wrote:the cars didn't have to be crushed right away- the engines were killed, then the cars could be put in the junkyard to be picked at like any other car. it had to be crushed within 6 months of the yard getting the car, with documentation sent into the government to prove it was properly disposed of.
this whole thing was just another government fustercluck..

Around here they are advertising the cash for clunk cars at our local yards for parts and even some dealers ( larger ones ) are getting a spot at the local yard s set aside for there cash clunker cow what ever it is called the lots dont have to pay storage but eventually do get a cut from the yards for selecting them for such a huge car drop off .............

THE ONLY ONES I SEE BENEFITING FROM THIS PROGRAM ARE UNCLE SAM AND THE JUNK YARDS

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:37 pm

you know, hot rod showed a breakdown of some of the cars people traded in...someone traded in a BUICK GNX, like 300 el caminos, a corvette, and some other cars that have no business being crushed.
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:31 pm

Does this really surprise anyone with the track record that our government has at this point?
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:01 pm

unfortunately, no, it doesnt surprise me, while i dont think mccain was the best choice (and im a republican) for all the hype, Barack "Go Broke" Obama hasnt done much either at this point, i know the guy was thrown into a bad situation, but how could him and his team not see the flaws in a lot of these ideas?
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down