G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Desert Valley Auto parts

+4
ant7377
thatfnthing
bracketchev1221
JF74chevelle
8 posters

Go down

Desert Valley Auto parts Empty Desert Valley Auto parts

Post by S3SS Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:33 pm

Had the opportunity again to visit and picked up a few items.. It's so interesting to see cars at wreckers that have long disappeared in the North and East... If cars could talk SmileDesert Valley Auto parts 584b944bde4b2f22b6422648b7e69aceDesert Valley Auto parts 2a2b8c35e1990b89a0ee077ab029831e
S3SS
S3SS
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Desert Valley Auto parts Empty Re: Desert Valley Auto parts

Post by Mcarlo77 Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:07 pm

I always enjoy running over there when I go down to visit parents & family during BJ week. Prices are crazy high compared to what I pay locally...so, usually come away with little to show for my visit. Still, always fun to browse. Didn't make the trip during BJ this year...but, will be heading down in March.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 78

Back to top Go down

Post by JF74chevelle Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:21 am

I got a few pieces from them, their prices are not very friendly
JF74chevelle
JF74chevelle
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by bracketchev1221 Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:33 am

They know they have what you need and charge accordingly. Rot free cars in junkyards are hard to find in the Northeast. We have a yard local with old cars, but it is on dirt. Not dry desert dirt, wet mossy dirt that swallows cars over time!!@@!@! So basically the undersides are inaccessible and rotted from sitting. There was a yard in Philly, Century Auto I think it was that was starting to collect older cars about 3-4 years ago. I got a decent door and a double hump crossmember from them, but they were not cheap either.
bracketchev1221
bracketchev1221
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:54 am

JF74chevelle wrote:I got a few pieces from them, their prices are not very friendly

They have to fund all those Mopar builds somehow! Very Happy
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:09 pm

There must be more yards in the area with old cars.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:26 pm

Hidden Valley is down there...but, they don't let you walk the yard and prices are just as high.  I once canvassed South Phoenix checking every yard I could find (and, there were probably 6-8 of them)...but, only found a handful of older cars of any make among all of them.  I remember driving around the older part of Glendale maybe a dozen yrs ago with my wife looking for the house she and her family once lived in back in the mid '60's.  I was going nuts seeing how many older cars were parked in driveways as daily drivers in the neighborhoods around there.  Wonder how many are left...
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 78

Back to top Go down

Post by S3SS Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:38 pm

The thing about DVP is that they let you wander the yard and techs are around to assist when needed to remove a part. What's nice is no rusty anything to deal with. No heat from torches, breaking bolts or other required... What I did find is less inventory from the last time I was there. They seem to be selling allot to all over the world. Our vehicles, unlike other years does not have every piece to recreate or add options too.. Example I picked up a power brake booster original with paint marking daps still on it from factory for $50 and the tech removed it. You can not restore one and get the same factory coating for that...
S3SS
S3SS
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by newmexguy Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:02 pm

My collection is likely going there soon! They have an established reputation. Some customers will pay a very high price there, that they would never pay to a single individual seller.

newmexguy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by builtnotbought Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:18 pm

You are very lucky to have all these staff just laying around somewhere in the middle of a desert =) I saw these places only at Discovery channel programs lol. I always think that you can collect the whole 60-70-80s car from pieces and drive away on it. It will be very interesting to me to walk around such places. If cars could talk as you mentioned.
We don't have such junkyards culture at all. May be that's because all Ladas are rusting to the ground and fell into dust after several decades lol. But I still have my grandpha's Lada 2106 from 1986 if I remember year of production right.

Frankly speaking when I got this elco, from this moment every time I see 73-77 body anywhere in old/modern movies, old/modern documentary films/photos about US I feel very excited that I'm owning a part of US history. I even know the name of the owner in US, may be not the first one but anyway. Sad fact is that I googled and saw info that this man is not alive anymore.
builtnotbought
builtnotbought
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down