G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Noob from Minneapolis, MN

+2
Mcarlo77
fasrnur
6 posters

Go down

Noob from Minneapolis, MN Empty Noob from Minneapolis, MN

Post by ECkingo Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:12 pm

Hey folks! I'm Tom from Minnesota, specifically Plymouth. In high school I always wanted an El Camino, but couldn't afford one. 3 years ago I saw one for sale on my way to work. I jumped at the chance and I have been updating, restoring my '77, SS 350 ever since. I'm 1/2 way to finishing up all the interior and I hope to get her repainted this summer/fall. I work 10 min from home and this will be my daily driver. I feel 30 years younger when I get her on the road. I do admit I like the 78 and earlier front ends though. 77's have stacked square headlamps.
ECkingo
ECkingo
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Noob from Minneapolis, MN Empty Re: Noob from Minneapolis, MN

Post by fasrnur Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:27 pm

Good to see yet another Minnesotan here sir. A10 minute drive to work? That's not along enough drive in one of these great cars. Very Happy Here's mine and a few others from last fall at Culvers in egan. Noob from Minneapolis, MN 17622110
Noob from Minneapolis, MN 21765112
Noob from Minneapolis, MN 22046912
Noob from Minneapolis, MN 22050110
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:24 am

Welcome to the site, Tom. Was the Elkie you bought the one that was for sale and parked in front of the Medina Ballroom a couple yrs ago? That one was a '77 SS, also...but, don't remember it having stripes.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:55 am

Welcome!
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by ECkingo Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:51 pm

Mcarlo77 wrote:Welcome to the site, Tom.  Was the Elkie you bought the one that was for sale and parked in front of the Medina Ballroom a couple yrs ago?  That one was a '77 SS, also...but, don't remember it having stripes.

That owner has about 6 more and he did have a pretty beat up one prior to that. But yes, the red one was there on and off. The second time I saw it I had to jump on it. Glad I did as it is in sweet shape and a fun hobby. Believe me I take side trips after work to enjoy the ride and some 70's rock to boot. Once she is painted up I'd like to show up at a few small gathering. That sounds fun. I'm on the El Camino site but this site seems to have access to more related data than that does. Mostly 78 and newer are on that site. '77 was a cross over year for El Camino's so it gets all messed up looking for the smallest part.
ECkingo
ECkingo
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by 02GTFL Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:50 pm

Welcome!
02GTFL
02GTFL
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by jaybee Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:38 pm

Welcome from the " Un great " state of Illinois. I to am from the state of 10,000 lakes and a gazillion skeeters. Duluth area born and later years close to Fargo. For many years, mom lived in Eagan and a half brother lived in Bloomington, so I kinda know the area from the old stadium to Burnsville. If you found a G3 in one piece, good deal !!! Minn e sota uses the best road salt anywhere to melt ice and cars. LoL
jaybee
jaybee
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down