G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a 73 SS monte WTH is this guy smokin

5 posters

Go down

a 73 SS monte WTH is this guy smokin Empty a 73 SS monte WTH is this guy smokin

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:56 pm

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/1453954854.html

its not even a 73.
I emailed him and this is what i got from him.

this is not a 73 monte.................

and gm only made 70 and 71 SS's in this body style

how the hell are u going to tell me what the hell i have..

you just cant help the stupid. Cool
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

a 73 SS monte WTH is this guy smokin Empty Re: a 73 SS monte WTH is this guy smokin

Post by JB2wheeler Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:07 pm

A fellow a block away from me had one like that in his backyard for a long time. He kept it covered with a tarp. Oner day it just disappeared. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

a 73 SS monte WTH is this guy smokin Empty Re: a 73 SS monte WTH is this guy smokin

Post by bigredlaguna Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:42 pm

I always laugh when I see mistakes like that.
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:59 pm

thats ok, i seen on seattle CL a 1973 chevy elcamino for sale and the guy said it was a 1977 Furd elcamino. lol some people. Razz
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by novaderrik Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:57 pm

how does vehicle registration work in Texas?
i know in some states, the car is assigned a model year based on when it was first registered- there are actually documented '66 and '70 model year first gen Camaros out there, if you go by the titles. maybe this particular car didn't get registered for the first time until 1973, for whatever reason. so, it might say "1973 Monte Carlo" on the title, despite clearly being of the 70-72 body style.
if he had put some pics of the front end in the ad, then we could at least tell if it's actually a '72 or not- but i guess front ends are easy to change from 70-72, so that really wouldn't be definitive. maybe a pic of the trim plate on the cowl and vin tag on the dash would be better.

novaderrik
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down