G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stall when coasting

3 posters

Go down

Stall when coasting  Empty Stall when coasting

Post by JF74chevelle Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:11 pm

I have a weird issue. My set up is a Holley 650 DP. Timing is 20 Intial. Idles around 800 rpm. Edelbrock rpm air gap intake with a 2” 4 hole carb spacer.

Here’s the problem when I’m driving around 45 mph and downshift to third to slow down then to second and I’m coming down I’ll push in the clutch to coast to the red like but the car goes extremely lean on AFR gauge and the RPMs plummet and I have to tap the gas to keep it from stalling. I’m at a loss. The floats are set right at the bottom of the sight glass. Mix screws are 1 1/2 turns out. I’m confused
JF74chevelle
JF74chevelle
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Stall when coasting  Empty Re: Stall when coasting

Post by Joe73 Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:30 am

Stock idle rpm for a manual is 900 rpm. So boost that up a bit and see what happens. Also, I never downshift to come to a stop. I don't even clutch it to get it to neutral. If I'm going to stop, I use the brakes like intended. I'd rather change them instead of a throw out bearing or clutch. Just my 2 cents.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by BBMALIBU Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:26 am

JF74chevelle wrote:I have a weird issue. My set up is a Holley 650 DP. Timing is 20 Intial. Idles around 800 rpm. Edelbrock rpm air gap intake with a 2” 4 hole carb spacer.

Here’s the problem when I’m driving around 45 mph and downshift to third to slow down then to second and I’m coming down I’ll push in the clutch to coast to the red like but the car goes extremely lean on AFR gauge and the RPMs plummet and I have to tap the gas to keep it from stalling. I’m at a loss. The floats are set right at the bottom of the sight glass. Mix screws are 1 1/2 turns out. I’m confused

Is the spacer a 4 hole that tapers open or 4 hole from top to bottom?

You can set the float levels a little higher than right at the bottom of the sight glass.

I have mine set 25% up from bottom of sight glass (its also a Pro Systems 1000 cfm).
BBMALIBU
BBMALIBU
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down