G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

73-77 Hurst competition shifter assembly - does anyone have the correct Hurst aftermarket part numbers?

3 posters

Go down

73-77 Hurst competition shifter assembly - does anyone have the correct Hurst aftermarket part numbers? Empty 73-77 Hurst competition shifter assembly - does anyone have the correct Hurst aftermarket part numbers?

Post by cboklund Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:21 pm

I want to go with the aftermarket hurst shifter assy with console. Thx

cboklund
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

73-77 Hurst competition shifter assembly - does anyone have the correct Hurst aftermarket part numbers? Empty Re: 73-77 Hurst competition shifter assembly - does anyone have the correct Hurst aftermarket part numbers?

Post by Limey SE Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:06 pm

PM Joe73 he may have them

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

73-77 Hurst competition shifter assembly - does anyone have the correct Hurst aftermarket part numbers? Empty Re: 73-77 Hurst competition shifter assembly - does anyone have the correct Hurst aftermarket part numbers?

Post by Joe73 Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:26 pm

Without digging out my parts, just Plug your info into this page.  You will need to know if your using a Saginaw or a 453 Muncie.  A 453 muncie was used from 1971-74.  Earlier muncies used different shifter arms so you need to be aware of that incase you have an earlier muncie or have a pieced together unit.  Read the details but the shifter is the same with or without a console.  The handle used is the 6836 shown in my pic below.  

https://www.holley.com/products/drivetrain/shifters_components_and_accessories/manual_shifters/

This will help as well.   https://www.hurstshiftersonline.com/productcart/pc/Application-Chart-for-Hurst-Comp-Plus-4-Speed-Shifters-Installation-Kits-d15.htm

And here is a pic of the hurst shifter handle for our cars.    73-77 Hurst competition shifter assembly - does anyone have the correct Hurst aftermarket part numbers? Hurst_10

Main thing is type of trans and year of side cover and tail. The 71-74 muncie is 3/4" longer than previous years. And as stated above, the shifter levers either bolt on or go onto a stud. Just fyi.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by cboklund Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:16 pm

Thank you very much. I was able to find the shifter and install kit. Do you know if there is a round shaft shifter handle? I would like to use the stock upper boot with round hole if possible.

cboklund
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:19 am

Not that I know of. You would have to search around and use the pic I posted as reference for length, offset and bend angle.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:27 am

If your running a muncie, here's how to determine what series you have.

Muncie 451
-Lever-arms held by nuts.
-Input/output shaft: 10/27 spline.
-Factory install from 1963-1968.

Muncie 452
-Lever-arms held by bolts.
-Input/output shaft: 10/27 spline.
-Factory install from 1969-1970.

Muncie 453
-Lever-arms held by bolts.
-Input/output shaft: 26/32 spline.
-Factory install 1971-74.
-Have only one shifter mounting location.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cboklund Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:13 am

Mine’s the 453. Thanks again for all the help. Carl

cboklund
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down