G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

decided on a hood

5 posters

G3GM :: G3 Tech :: Body

Go down

decided on a hood Empty decided on a hood

Post by coreys73chevelle Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:19 am

after talking with the tech at many different places im going with the VFNFIBERGLASS 4" cowl induction BOLT ON hood. it IS bolt on and fiberglass for 73-77 chevelles. not the pin on crap most places that have our parts carry. they weight only around 22-24 pounds then ill get some low tension hood springs from harwood and pin/locks on the front with the release removed, cost $450.00

[img]decided on a hood 7377ch10[/img]
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

decided on a hood Empty Re: decided on a hood

Post by BlackChevelleSS Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:56 am

cool, and another trick is, on the hood pins install some small springs that will pop the hood up a little when the clips are removed so you can grab and pull it up.

decided on a hood SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:51 pm

hey Corey thats the same hood and same company I am getting it from but mines only gonna 289 picked up they are that close to me ............. and i am a member of another local site they are a sponsor to and get a 18% discount LOL

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:52 pm

and I have seen both the of the hoods from VFN and the others and I like the quality of the VFN alot better make sure you ask for street weight also should be no extra charge

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by badbiscayne66 Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:44 pm

I have same hood for Biscayne....Good Quality!!
decided on a hood 2008_0608Image0008
badbiscayne66
badbiscayne66
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:38 pm

they have them that cheap? and you can put them on the existing hinges? thats insane, the only place i knew to get them was from us body source and they want like 800 bucks. whats that place called? vfn?
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:50 pm

vfnfiberglass.com

yes they can use the hinges but with a fiber hood you need to get some low tension hood springs so it wont crack the hood. shipping from VFN is still heavy, i live in WA and they told me it will be from $300-$400 for boxing handling and shipping becasue you can have it shipped to a home or get a discount by shipping it to the nearest parts store.
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:25 pm

coreys73chevelle wrote:vfnfiberglass.com

yes they can use the hinges but with a fiber hood you need to get some low tension hood springs so it wont crack the hood. shipping from VFN is still heavy, i live in WA and they told me it will be from $300-$400 for boxing handling and shipping becasue you can have it shipped to a home or get a discount by shipping it to the nearest parts store.

do you mean it costs 3-400 total? or just for the shipping alone?
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:55 pm

shipping will kill you guys

corey see if greyhound will accept these I can pick all them up for you guy's on the west coast when i get mine this spring and send them on greyhound...............

I am almost positive they will take them you just have to get the box dimensions from them to see.

My mopar fender box was big enough to hold a hood and it was only 80 bucks from ohio to me .....................................and if you can take it greyhound hit me up with a lil love for helping you save close to 300 for shipping alone

and Travis ===>>73-77 4-inch Cowl Induction Bolt On Hood. Price=450.00 Weight=28 Ship: Truck Freight.

but if its bought and paid for i can pick and ship greyhound to you, if they accept which i am almost certain they will

73 - 77 G3 hoods link

decided on a hood Blueheader5

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:15 pm

TWBouska wrote:
coreys73chevelle wrote:vfnfiberglass.com

do you mean it costs 3-400 total? or just for the shipping alone?

nope, 450 for the hood and then 3-400 added to ship and crate it (box it).
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:18 pm

Limey wrote:shipping will kill you guys

corey see if greyhound will accept these I can pick all them up for you guy's on the west coast when i get mine this spring and send them on greyhound...............

I am almost positive they will take them you just have to get the box dimensions from them to see.

My mopar fender box was big enough to hold a hood and it was only 80 bucks from ohio to me .....................................and if you can take it greyhound hit me up with a lil love for helping you save close to 300 for shipping alone

and Travis ===>>73-77 4-inch Cowl Induction Bolt On Hood. Price=450.00 Weight=28 Ship: Truck Freight.

but if its bought and paid for i can pick and ship greyhound to you, if they accept which i am almost certain they will

73 - 77 G3 hoods link

decided on a hood Blueheader5

ok ill check greyhound. i dont know when ill have the $$ for the hood but if your that close ill let ya know when i do. then mabey i can get some extra cash send for you or a part
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:20 pm

this s only if i do not build mine. i need to check prices and see how much it will cost for materials and of it will be worth trying. ...and how much beer i need to prusede my friend into showing me how he made his
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:24 pm

this is meant for any west coaster on this site that will be buying one this spring as well, and as far as parts go if we did this corey it would be a gauge set 2 1/16th size so i can mount in the round gauge cluster fuel,water,oil,NOS YES I SAID NOS the tunnel I have is allready drilled for it woot woot

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down