G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vintage air kit

4 posters

G3GM :: G3 Tech :: Body

Go down

Vintage air kit Empty Vintage air kit

Post by Hs1973 Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:44 pm

Hi guys.
So my heater and console are not working as good anymore and the aircon system is removed.im getting old and like to Cruise in comfort of ac or heat. I was vondering if anyone has tryed to retrofit any of the vintage air kits or something similar? Vintage dosent have a kit specific for our years. But maybe some have tryed some of the other kits they have. Or what other solutions are there. Please post your advis if you have any thoughts on the subject. Regards from sunny ( and wery hot right now) Copenhagen. Henrik.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Vintage air kit Empty Re: Vintage air kit

Post by Flywheel Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:08 pm

What parts are removed from the AC system?
Flywheel
Flywheel
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:13 am

All the parts that was there are gone. It did not work when i Got the car. So i took it all off and made a normal blower box instead of the Big ugly one. I made the heater work but it only has heat or no heat. So i was thinking about upgrading and getting ac again, since the wether here in summer can be very hot. And its usually these days i drive it. I have been looking at vintage build ur own system since they dont have a system for our years. But i was hoping some one in here had some experience with it.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by bigredlaguna Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:30 pm

bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:43 am

Oh my god that was alot of work. Anyways im going to contact vintage air and see if they can recommend one of Their products for my project. I hope for something a little less complicated. However i am not to happy with not Being able to use my original controls, since the ones that come with the kits are not very pretty. Thank you for the link. And ill see what happens next.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:15 pm

They make a smaller lighter replacement for the big A6 compressor. I would just put everything back to stock equipment and use that. I'm sure on here you could get most anything you need to get functional again.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:01 am

i Need to Think about what im going to do. Shipping stuff to Europe is a Real project killer. So i need to be sure that it will work right when i buy something. I will see what i can do when i get the old heater box out. Thanks guys for help as always.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:02 am

sunny
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast