G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advise needed on brake upgrade.

Go down

Advise needed on brake upgrade.  Empty Advise needed on brake upgrade.

Post by Hs1973 on Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:31 pm

Hi guys. I notice today that my chevelle 1975 (aka wanda) is leaking from the back of the mastercylinder Down the brake booster. Im running a 9 inch booster and original remanufactured mastercylinder. The setup is 2 years old and im not happy with the performance or the fact that it is now leaking.

I would like to go back to a 11 inch booster and a new mastercylinder. But the stuff i have gotten last time was not the best quality Cool also i tried one time a wilwood mastercylinder, that turned out to be bad even brand new. So have anybody any experience with any brand or othervise that provided a good quality mastercylinder and a booster???

Im not to keen on buying the remanufactured stuff most dealers here in Copenhagen have on the shelf, i have to Many bad experiences with restored stuff. I dont mind if it is a little Pricey as long as i dont have to keep changing it every year. I can get any product here as long as i special order it, cardone, cpp, raybestos etc. But really have no experience in what to go for. Of course a Nice polished piece is attraktive, but if it dont work like its supposed to it is to expensive to send it back and get a new one ( because of our stupid tax laws) any advise is appriciated. Regards Henrik.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Advise needed on brake upgrade.  Empty Re: Advise needed on brake upgrade.

Post by g3chevy on Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:05 pm

Hs1973, this was talked about in another thread a couple of months back. I purchased a brand new master cylinder/ brake booster combo from CPP. Below is the link to that discussion and it has a couple of pics and a video link for more details. Hope this helps.

https://www.g3gm.com/t12683-1976-monte-brake-booster#117981
g3chevy
g3chevy
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

pjbanman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 on Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:49 am

Cool thanks. I will read it trough. It is hard to find the best parts that dont go dead shorty after install. Regards henrik
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down