G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advise needed on brake upgrade.

2 posters

Go down

Advise needed on brake upgrade.  Empty Advise needed on brake upgrade.

Post by Hs1973 Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:31 pm

Hi guys. I notice today that my chevelle 1975 (aka wanda) is leaking from the back of the mastercylinder Down the brake booster. Im running a 9 inch booster and original remanufactured mastercylinder. The setup is 2 years old and im not happy with the performance or the fact that it is now leaking.

I would like to go back to a 11 inch booster and a new mastercylinder. But the stuff i have gotten last time was not the best quality Cool also i tried one time a wilwood mastercylinder, that turned out to be bad even brand new. So have anybody any experience with any brand or othervise that provided a good quality mastercylinder and a booster???

Im not to keen on buying the remanufactured stuff most dealers here in Copenhagen have on the shelf, i have to Many bad experiences with restored stuff. I dont mind if it is a little Pricey as long as i dont have to keep changing it every year. I can get any product here as long as i special order it, cardone, cpp, raybestos etc. But really have no experience in what to go for. Of course a Nice polished piece is attraktive, but if it dont work like its supposed to it is to expensive to send it back and get a new one ( because of our stupid tax laws) any advise is appriciated. Regards Henrik.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Advise needed on brake upgrade.  Empty Re: Advise needed on brake upgrade.

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:05 pm

Hs1973, this was talked about in another thread a couple of months back. I purchased a brand new master cylinder/ brake booster combo from CPP. Below is the link to that discussion and it has a couple of pics and a video link for more details. Hope this helps.

https://www.g3gm.com/t12683-1976-monte-brake-booster#117981
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 33

pjbanman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:49 am

Cool thanks. I will read it trough. It is hard to find the best parts that dont go dead shorty after install. Regards henrik
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down