G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mauual Steering unit/Radio Face plate delete

4 posters

Go down

Mauual Steering unit/Radio Face plate delete Empty Mauual Steering unit/Radio Face plate delete

Post by Mitchell Murphy Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:23 am

Friend of mine is looking fro a manual steering unit-(73-77) and a radio face plate delete, his name is Charles Lyon. You may reach him at (864) 380-1065 Mobile Number or home number at (8640269-4629. Or you can let me know (865) 924-1273, Thanks Mitch

Mitchell Murphy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Mauual Steering unit/Radio Face plate delete Empty Re: Mauual Steering unit/Radio Face plate delete

Post by Joe73 Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:10 pm

My chevelle is factory manual steering.  I was messaged years ago regarding the specs and part number of my pitman arm.  The pitman arm is going to be the problem.  He was never able to locate one.  Best bet would be to try to retrofit a box and pitman from another vehicle.  Here is what I have for pics. Good luck with the search.

Mauual Steering unit/Radio Face plate delete Pitman10
Mauual Steering unit/Radio Face plate delete Pitman11
Mauual Steering unit/Radio Face plate delete Pitman12

Mauual Steering unit/Radio Face plate delete Pitman13
Mauual Steering unit/Radio Face plate delete Pitman14
Mauual Steering unit/Radio Face plate delete Pitman15

Mauual Steering unit/Radio Face plate delete Pitman16
Mauual Steering unit/Radio Face plate delete Pitman17
Mauual Steering unit/Radio Face plate delete Pitman18
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 79

Back to top Go down

Mauual Steering unit/Radio Face plate delete Empty Re: Mauual Steering unit/Radio Face plate delete

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:32 pm

Joe, what is the extra connection point on the pitman arm? Never seen a manual steering box so this is all new to me.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:48 pm

Got me on that one. I wondered that myself. That dust boot and cotter pin were put there by the rebuilder. There wasnt anything on the stud when I bought the car in '82. The rebuilder called me when he received the box and inquired about it. He said it was a heavy duty box and needed a new main shaft. He had the NOS shaft for it. The color on the parts are supposed to be original factory colors. That was an option offered for $20 so I took it.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:06 pm

Now learning all that I'll definitely keep my eyes open for any manual steering stuff in the future. The guy seems to have done a great job from what the pics are showing.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:24 pm

Thanks, I hope so.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Olof Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:06 pm

g3chevy / Mr Pontiac wrote:Joe, what is the extra connection point on the pitman arm? Never seen a manual steering box so this is all new to me.

Can it be for a damper? Hhehe Maybe a hydraulic ram if you changed your mind in re to power assist Very Happy

Olof
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down