G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parts scams

4 posters

Go down

Parts scams Empty Parts scams

Post by ant7377 Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:53 am

Guys,be careful when buying parts online or FB or wherever. There seems to be alot of scammers lately selling stuff they don't have and ripping people off. I've seen it many times lately where you know it's some super hard to find thing and suddenly someone pops up saying they have it. Don't trust anyone without a reference or something. There are names we all know that are trust worthy.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Parts scams Empty Re: Parts scams

Post by Iggy Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:43 pm

I have run into that myself recently, I was looking for a truck 6-qt oil pan for a Gen VI BBC - they do not fit our vehicles so a asked if anyone had one they had to take off a crate engine - I got on legit response with photos, even showed the box and part number for the replacement 4-qt pan. The other responses where "I have one of those" but gave no particulars. I went with the one I knew was legit and received not only the 6-qt pan, but also the pickup for the oil pump, windage tray, hardware for the oil pan, gasket and dip stick assembly! Very happy with what I received, and I did pay regular market, not some discounted price on "one of those".
Iggy
Iggy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:51 pm

I actually started a FB group for admins of groups for these Scammers Most will put a link to a Classic car site for selling and NO ONE has never received any part they have paid for and that is what Led me to make that group since I made the group 3 months there are OVER 320 people listed from this type of thing

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:54 pm

Iggy wrote:I have run into that myself recently, I was looking for a truck 6-qt oil pan for a Gen VI BBC - they do not fit our vehicles so a asked if anyone had one they had to take off a crate engine - I got on legit response with photos, even showed the box and part number for the replacement 4-qt pan.  The other responses where "I have one of those" but gave no particulars.  I went with the one I knew was legit and received not only the 6-qt pan, but also the pickup for the oil pump, windage tray, hardware for the oil pan, gasket and dip stick assembly!  Very happy with what I received, and I did pay regular market, not some discounted price on "one of those".

I have a extra Capacity Oil Pan that wont work for my Car I do not know the capacity BUT it was stock for the RV So I would assume its more capacity than the Car Pan if you want it to try just pay the shipping and you can have it

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Iggy Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:31 pm

Limey SE wrote:
Iggy wrote:I have run into that myself recently, I was looking for a truck 6-qt oil pan for a Gen VI BBC - they do not fit our vehicles so a asked if anyone had one they had to take off a crate engine - I got on legit response with photos, even showed the box and part number for the replacement 4-qt pan.  The other responses where "I have one of those" but gave no particulars.  I went with the one I knew was legit and received not only the 6-qt pan, but also the pickup for the oil pump, windage tray, hardware for the oil pan, gasket and dip stick assembly!  Very happy with what I received, and I did pay regular market, not some discounted price on "one of those".

I have a extra Capacity Oil Pan that wont work for my Car I do not  know the capacity BUT it was stock for the RV So I would assume its more capacity than the Car Pan if you want it to try just pay the shipping and you can have it

Your 454 is a Mark IV 2-piece rear seal if I remember correctly.
Iggy
Iggy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:37 pm

I believe so yes I just dont if the pan will work for you and why I offered it to ya free for ship

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by bracketchev1221 Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:15 pm

Gen 6 is a 1 piece rear seal pan.
bracketchev1221
bracketchev1221
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Iggy Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:10 am

I already have a 6-qt truck pan for a Mark IV (2-piece rear seal), and I have one now for a Gen V/VI (1-piece rear seal).  I will eventually need another Gen V/VI pan, but not in a hurry.

Anthony, I do appreciate the offer and if I could use it I would take you up on it!
Iggy
Iggy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down