G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

74 grand am

+2
impalamonte
FumiyoG3
6 posters

Go down

74 grand am Empty 74 grand am

Post by impalamonte Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:18 pm

As much as I do not care for " dealers"....this may not be a bad price. It seems to be a "stand up" car....if the rest of the car tells the story as the bottoms of the doors...

We all know how much it costs to build.......

https://www.drukautosales.com/details/used-1974-pontiac-grand-am/89989896?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social_vdp&utm_campaign=rs_vdp&utm_content=379865&fbclid=IwAR3HnV1fkhsfqTKdwYr7u8YPxObFnVOuDFqt9ffQ-hyIXFH6_QnNX64B5c0
impalamonte
impalamonte
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

74 grand am Empty Re: 74 grand am

Post by Mcarlo77 Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:42 am

I can't help it...I really like these cars!  Such unique styling. It's a mystery to me why they haven't been more popular among G3 enthusiasts.  This dealer is in my backyard but, I don't dare go there to see it. The temptation might be too great.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by FumiyoG3 Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:17 pm

i agree Mcarlo77, such great styling. that is a gorgeous car. I need it. lol.
FumiyoG3
FumiyoG3
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by impalamonte Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:47 pm

I dig the front end!! So unique.

Would like to have it. Could get it tomorrow. Have absolutely no "inside "room to store!!

3rd party storage anymore....prices are ridiculous.
impalamonte
impalamonte
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:48 pm

Precisely why I didn't continue with a full-on restoration on the '75 Laguna...and, subsequently ended up selling it. Monte and Cougar occupy the garage and having it sit outside on the driveway with my daily drivers was not only a p.i.t.a...but, was slowly taking it's toll. I just wasn't willing to commit to expensive indoor storage to preserve it once it was done.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:11 pm

That is a really nice example of a Grand Am at a reasonable price. I became intrigued by these back in high school when a fellow classmate showed up in the school parking lot with a white 74. Ever since then its stayed in the back of my mind that I should find one to restore. Then I stumbled across this 75 in Georgia almost a year ago in January. Hope to have it looking as nice as this 74 they have for sale at Druk Auto. Its the same color scheme except for my vinyl top was maroon like the interior. Mine looks like 40 miles of bad road but it drives like a dream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PKIrxVmwV0&t=499s

74 grand am 75_ga_10
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 34

Limey SE and REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitchell Murphy Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:51 pm

Beautifully styled cars, much more appealing than the Grand Prix and the 73 G T O. That car is well worth it, you couldn't do the car for that amount hes asking. It might be twice that amount when you're done restoring the car. hey the car is done, no looking for parts and paying 3 times what they are worth. Wash it, wax it, gas it up and go, I believe the right venue, there is still room to make some on the car. Some Pontiac Guy needs to grab this soon.

Mitchell Murphy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:09 pm

Mitchell Murphy wrote:Beautifully styled cars, much more appealing than the Grand Prix and the 73 G T O. That car is well worth it, you couldn't do the car for that amount hes asking. It might be twice that amount when you're done restoring the car. hey the car is done, no looking for parts and paying 3 times what they are worth. Wash it, wax it, gas it up and go, I believe the right venue, there is still room to make some on the car. Some Pontiac Guy needs to grab this soon.

Agreed Mitch, these cars are very expensive to restore as you know first hand. I've got over 100 hours into body work on my 75 Hurst and its still not even in primer. If I were to pay someone to do this I'd go broke in short order. But I truly enjoy working on my own projects knowing the are done exactly how I'd like it to be. So for someone that doesn't have the desire, tools or training to do their own restoration, cars like this 74 Grand Am are ideal. It really doesn't need anything, looks great and you can drive as is just about anywhere. Definitely the way to go.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:56 pm

That car is a complete steal for that price.
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down