G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Domestic violence...

5 posters

Go down

Domestic violence... Empty Domestic violence...

Post by knightfan26917 Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:16 pm

I'm "angered/frustrated/saddened by domestic violence" is what I posted as a status on Facebook a day or so after I was told by a good friend of mine that another friend had been killed by her husband. I've known Amy for ~12 years. She had a heart of gold, and the world has lost a wonderful person.

This is yet another "senseless act" ... and, to me, another reminder of how fragile life is, how much we need to "stick together", and how much violence doesn't particularly solve anything, but just adds more pain to the situation....

http://www.indystar.com/article/20100325/NEWS02/3250494/Two-die-after-Grant-Co.-standoff

Two die after Grant Co. standoff
By Nick Wernerand Douglas Walker / Muncie Star Press
Posted: March 25, 2010

UPLAND, Ind. -- Police say an Upland man fatally shot his wife in her mother's home Thursday morning, then held police at bay for hours before shooting himself.
When members of an Indiana State Police SWAT team stormed the house about 5:30 p.m., they found Paul Bryon Nose II, 42, suffering from a self-inflicted gunshot wound in the head.

He died as preparations were being made to fly him by medical helicopter to a Fort Wayne hospital.
Authorities also found the body of Nose's 39-year-old wife, Amy. Police believe she was killed by her husband shortly after 7 a.m., when callers to 911 reported hearing shots coming from the house.
Police were uncertain when Paul Nose shot himself, although his communication with authorities and text messages with family members ended about 1:30 p.m. He was found in a hallway, while his wife's body was found in a bathroom.
Upland police arrived at the house soon after receiving the reports of shots fired, but were "unsuccessful" in establishing "personal contact" with any occupants, according to an Indiana State Police press release.
Grant County sheriff's deputies and state police also came to the scene. Eventually officers "made verbal communication" with Paul Nose, the release said, but they were unable to persuade him to surrender.
State police are leading the investigation of the shootings. No shots were fired by officers as they entered the home, ISP Sgt. Rod Russell said.
Authorities said the domestic problems between the couple had been ongoing for several weeks, with Amy Nose spending some time in a women's shelter. She filed for divorce on Feb. 11; that case was still pending in Grant Superior Court at the time of her death.
On Wednesday night, Amy Nose filed a police report that alleged some act of intimidation by her husband.
Amy Nove had been granted a protective order when she filed the divorce suit last month, but the pair had mutual contact recently and might have been trying to reconcile their differences, authorities said.
Married for 20 years, they were the parents of two daughters.

Cort | 36swm.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker * NoreastrTrek.Aug2010 *
MCs.Caprice|models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows|RTs.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"I don't want to take this life for granted" ... Keith Urban ... 'Somebody Like You'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Domestic violence... Empty Re: Domestic violence...

Post by bigredlaguna Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:06 am

My wife used to work at a family crisis center, and this situation is too common. Even in my small community here out in the middle of nowhere there are stories like this. Just a few days ago, a man killed his wife the day the divorce was to be finalized- in front of their teen and preteen kids.

Although my wife doesn't share personal info about some of the cases she has seen, she does share the situation and it seems to me that men seem to have a problem with treating their wife as property as opposed to being a friend and partner in the relationship. In some cases, both are at fault by not agreeing to a course of action and the it escalates into a power struggle.

I thank God that my wife and I have figured out how to figure things out. At this point, the worst disagreement we have is whether Rally rims look good or not-no joke!

Cort- my prayers go out to you and your friend's family that they find peace and realize that this was no one's fault but their own.
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:21 am

Cort my prayers go to there family at this time and its such a loss when this happens

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:43 pm

Terrible,I have no patience for a guy who beats on his spouse/girlfriend whatever.Most of the time its some shitbag wuss of a guy who does this stuff.

Cort,Im sorry to hear this I hope all is well for you, its very sad.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by badbiscayne66 Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:29 pm

People always kill themselves after... They should go first!!!!
badbiscayne66
badbiscayne66
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:46 am

*nods*

Thank you, everyone. I sure appreciate you sharing your thoughts and experiences.

Some things in life just do not make sense.....

ant7377 wrote:I have no patience for a guy who beats on his spouse/girlfriend whatever.

Same here, ant.....

Cort | 36.m.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker * 07/24/2010=ChitownMeet #3 *
MCs.Caprice | models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows | RTs.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Your chance has come and gone" ... JoJo ... 'Too Little Too Late'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum