G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FML!

+4
74MonteCarlo
dragons_lair59
bigredlaguna
Limey SE
8 posters

Go down

FML! Empty FML!

Post by coreys73chevelle Wed May 05, 2010 12:15 am

i put a hose to my radiator to see if i had any leaks in it...nope no leaks! oh WAIT whats that dripping from the engine? OH WATER FROM THE F'NG FREEZE PLUG! hmm ok, got a socket and hammered in a little, still leaking. ok must be the wrong size so ill get a scewdriver and poke through it and get it replaced..NOPE danm thing goes all the way into the engine...I have no idea how im going to get it out. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
ASLO got all the wiring hooked up..BUT i wanted to see if my starter would click. NOPE turn the key and the TEMP light on the dash lights up then my lights go dim and the Voltmeter goes flat and not even a tick. good volts to the barrety and the power block on the firewall under the hood, only 6 volts to the coil any ideas whats up????? just replaced all the fuses and everything is hooked up like it should be!

IM PISSED- and to top it off i picked up the wrong size collector gaskets for the headers.
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

FML! Empty Re: FML!

Post by Limey SE Wed May 05, 2010 12:20 am

try dropping the pan and you may get lucky, other than that a tear down is is order

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by bigredlaguna Wed May 05, 2010 12:30 am

Dropping the pan will not get him access to the freeze plug in the water jacket.

Do you still have the resistor in the power wire to the distributor? In 73, Chevy was still running points in the distributor so there may be a resistor to drop the voltage intentionally.

If you have an HEI, it needs full voltage, so make sure their is no resistor. It should be fairly close to the distributor/ coil area.
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Wed May 05, 2010 12:57 am

i can get to the freeze plug it didnt drop all the way into there just cant figure out hoe im going to get it pulled all the way back out the hole without desroying the plug and leaving pieces of it in the coolant passages.
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed May 05, 2010 1:02 am

get a pair of angled long handled plyer's like mac tool's sells (you dont have to buy them) borrow them from someone get it to the hole then use another set of plyer's bend it over to fit through the hole thats how I would do it !!

like these =====>>FML! P114BN90_CSE

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by jrsixx Wed May 05, 2010 1:07 am

Depending on your access to the plug, bend it a bit with pliers and pull it out. You're gonna have to replace it anyway, they're cheap and easy to find at nearly any parts store. When you put the new one in, clean out the hole with a little sand paper and put some gasket sealer around the edge before tapping it in GENTLY. As for the electrical issue, I agree with Red, but that doesn't explain the starter issue. Check all connections, battery,starter, and especially ground cable at block. Sounds like somethings not quite tight.

jrsixx
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by bigredlaguna Wed May 05, 2010 1:11 am

How old is the battery? If it has sat for a while it may show good voltage, and be lacking in amperage capacity.
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Wed May 05, 2010 5:54 pm

bigredlaguna wrote:How old is the battery? If it has sat for a while it may show good voltage, and be lacking in amperage capacity.

3 years old, been used slightly for a electric boat motor then unused for about a year. im thinking i need a new one
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dragons_lair59 Wed May 05, 2010 10:04 pm

i would say new bat and double check on the resistor
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Wed May 05, 2010 10:07 pm

You just bought a new gun right?

I see a perfect solution.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by jrsixx Wed May 05, 2010 10:38 pm

74MonteCarlo wrote:You just bought a new gun right?

BWAHAHAHA

jrsixx
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Wed May 05, 2010 11:59 pm

74MonteCarlo wrote:You just bought a new gun right?

LOL i was thinking more like get the gas can and some jack daniels and light it up and clain insurance on it. hahaha BUT no i wouldnt do that.
Got the plug out, decided i dont give a Turd about a few fragments in the cooling and i can flush it out so i just ripped it out as carfefully as i could with some pliers.
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Thu May 06, 2010 10:18 pm

What does FML mean? I just noticed that.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by cromags76 BANNED Thu May 06, 2010 10:29 pm

ant7377 wrote:What does FML mean? I just noticed that.

f(bad word) my life

cromags76 BANNED
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : -6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum