G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SS package

5 posters

Go down

SS package Empty SS package

Post by BlackChevelleSS Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:38 pm

Well I was looking through the Chevrolet by numbers book and under 73 on the RPOs it listed only one SS package and it was Z16 SS 454. I thought in 73 the SS was a visual and suspension package and didnt include the engine. As our 1973 SS is originally a 350 car. It has everything SS on it including the front and rear F41 suspension, performance 3.42 rear end, Blacked out tail lights, Swivel buckets and Console with SS shifter knob, Sport mirrors, blacked out grille, and exterior SS emblems. The only thing missing is the window trim for the rear quarter windows. So is the book wrong (agian affraid ) or was the only SS car a 454 car? Guess I need to get the info from GM of canada to see what all this car came with.

SS package SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

SS package Empty Re: SS package

Post by coreys73chevelle Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:53 pm

i think ss has a 350 also
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by yogreasygramma Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:51 am

What models does the book refer to? All Chevy models? I would also bet the farm that the SS package included different engine possibilities, namely the 350.

If the book has this info, would you be able to tell me how many Y-code (454 equipped) cars were produced by Chevy in 73, 74 and 75? And a breakdown by model (Chevelle, Monte, etc). How many were produced with the electric sky roof?
yogreasygramma
yogreasygramma
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by 73SSWagon Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:29 pm

The SS package was an option you could order on any mid-grade Chevelle Malibu or Malibu wagon without regard to the engine. You could get a 350 2 barrel, 350 4 barrel or the 454. You could not order it with the strip-job Deluxe model so the only engine you could not get was the 250 inline six.

73SSWagon
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by kevin73 Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:42 am

i would to know how many 1973 chevelle ss were built with vinyl tops. from what i can tell this is a true ss with a ls4 454. i would like as much info as soon as possible on this subject

kevin73
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down