G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here is my 73 chevelle Hi every one.

+7
pila
JB2wheeler
chevy76monteman
The Dude
74MonteCarlo
Limey SE
74chick
11 posters

Go down

Here is my 73 chevelle Hi every one. Empty Here is my 73 chevelle Hi every one.

Post by Jedediah Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:34 am

Hi another newbie here. LOL My name is Jedediah I have owned my newest car a 73 chevelle for three months now. I didnt know what i was getting for a $1000 at the time. All I knew was i was getting a chevelle and it had some custom body work done. I later learned it wasnt done right i plan to right that. She has alot of rust but i plan to not let this one go to the crusher. In the short time i have had my car i have put a new rpm intake with a demon carb on top. As well as a new distributor. Had a hard time with the old one so threw it in the garage and start with one not molested. I believe i have sbc 350 in my chevelle 350 turbo. Any tips on how to get interior for my would be great.
Thanks here some pics
Here is my 73 chevelle Hi every one. 02310
Here is my 73 chevelle Hi every one. 03110
Here is my 73 chevelle Hi every one. 03711
Here is my 73 chevelle Hi every one. 03910
Here is my 73 chevelle Hi every one. 03610
this in the day i got her home.
Jedediah
Jedediah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Here is my 73 chevelle Hi every one. Empty Re: Here is my 73 chevelle Hi every one.

Post by 74chick Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:36 am

Welcome. Nice chevelle. You have a good place to start there. Good luck. happy bowtie
74chick
74chick
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Here is my 73 chevelle Hi every one. Empty Re: Here is my 73 chevelle Hi every one.

Post by Limey SE Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:16 am

wow I really like the tail panel / bumper delete thats a cool touch and the flame job is real nice touch and wait take some more pics of that front bumper that is cool touch as well........Had to look twice at it

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedediah Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:28 am

Ya i like the look but i dont like the way they did it bondo and aluminium i think i want to redo it with a stock bumper so it with be all steel but look the same. Here is another pic cant find my pics of the rusted out trunk thanks for the compliments. Very Happy
Here is my 73 chevelle Hi every one. 2010_r11
Here is my 73 chevelle Hi every one. 02910[b]
Jedediah
Jedediah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:58 am

Welcome Jedediah. Looks like you have a better than average starting platform. Good luck. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:48 am

Welcome.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:14 am

Welcome to the forum & thanks for posting pics! IMHO, the rear looks pretty cool, but I'm thinking the front bumper is too tall for my taste. Good idea to go back to a stock bumper instead. From the looks of it, someone really put some thought into the tribal flames.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by chevy76monteman Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:12 am

Welcome! Always awesome to have another 73-77 GM Mid-size from the Pacific NW.
chevy76monteman
chevy76monteman
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedediah Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:56 pm

Hey i wanted to thank all of you guys. I am sure we all have every one around us telling us we are wasting our time with these 73-77's. It is nice to find so many with knowledge and know how on these cars. I was really getting frustated on the lack of parts and info for my car.
Beer
Jedediah
Jedediah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:22 am

Jedediah wrote: I am sure we all have every one around us telling us we are wasting our time with these 73-77's.
Beer
Let 'em pull up beside me at a red light, I will change their mind. I built my Elky with sleeper mode in mind. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:12 am

Welcome! I'm kind of a new guy here too. I had a '73 Chevelle coupe in the late 70s. It was a really plain-jane basic car, with no tinted glass, rubber floor mats (no carpet) straight stick six cylinder when I bought it. And no radio either! An old man owned it since new.
You have a good car to work with it seems, so have some fun!!
I have a '74 Malibu that I've had since 1990.

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by laguna454/4spd Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:05 pm

Welcome looks like a nice car man good luck i hope it turns out the way you want it
laguna454/4spd
laguna454/4spd
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:52 pm

oh i remember seein that on craigslist, the price oh man what a steal!
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:57 pm

wee on that interior part search, sorry but right now u will not find door panels they only make 74-77 laguna and 73 SS for some reason or a dash or seats new. but you can get shifter parts, carpet, heaadliners, switches, window rollers, rear decks and small things from OPGI.com or paddock parts at good prices.

and if that hood is from a dealer like vfn or harwood not homemade you payed for that basically, because the cheapest cowl hood for a 73 is like $400 and they want another 200-600 to ship depending on location and who is shipping it!
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedediah Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:32 pm

Update: trunk is almost in and I didnt realize how much work goes into putting new floor pans in. Have lots of parts sitting around waiting to go in. The Bad thing is I keep finding more rust issues as I work on the car. So most of my parts will have to wait till the rust is dealt with. I need a new tail panel section. Not sure if I can piece this one back from the dead.
Jedediah
Jedediah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Graham Perkins Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:57 pm

Welcome,

Keep up the goood work on the car, don't let the rust get you down.

Thanks Graham
Graham Perkins
Graham Perkins
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down