G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duct work

5 posters

Go down

Duct work Empty Duct work

Post by BONEZARALLY Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:55 pm

I have ooodles of common sense but can someone tell me a good way to fix this?The duct has separated so before i install the dash I WANT TO FIX IT

Duct work Duct
BONEZARALLY
BONEZARALLY
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Duct work Empty Re: Duct work

Post by pila Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:23 pm

Not sure what I'm looking at in the pic. Is that a flat type duct with a curve/bend in it?
Only suggestion I would have is wrapping some fiberglass cloth around it, and a couple coats of resin on the glass. I use West System epoxy, but the polyester resin would work. The surface would have to be roughed up to get the glass to adhere to the plastic duct, and even then it doesn't stick very good, so I recommend wrapping it all the way around the duct to make sure it stays there.
That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it Smile Hope it helps.......

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:42 pm

Why not just use the aluminumized duct tape for furnace pipes? I am NOT talking about regular cloth duct tape that everybody uses for everything that is silver in color. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:09 pm

What JB is talking about is this stuff:

Duct work House355
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:22 am

Yeah, I forgot about that tape, and it would be a lot easier than fooling with glass & resin. I always have the the glass etc around here, so my response was how I would usually do it.

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BONEZARALLY Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:06 pm

Well i took my wood clamps and propane torch.This thing will blow dry your hair when installed,guaranteed Beer Clapp
BONEZARALLY
BONEZARALLY
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:35 pm

So you "welded" it back together? Sounds good if ya did!! I suppose you could re-shape it with some heat on it etc.

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by abajc3 Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:11 am

when i removed my dash the ducts were separated in several places, but it looked like they came this way from the factory, they were just clamped together on a couple of places without any sealant. i sealed it with regular silicone sealant and i think it works just fine.

i also found a pen jammed in the hatch that directs air to your feet, body or head.

abajc3
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down