G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sad day

+13
The Dude
74MonteCarlo
Bill's 74
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
knightfan26917
ant7377
BlackChevelleSS
orange Juiced
laguna454/4spd
Jedediah
lars
Limey SE
IndyG3
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sad day - Page 2 Empty Re: Sad day

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:51 am

mal76ibu wrote:Still fightin the insurance company all week. The worse part its mine I am fighting not the guy at faults. My own insurance is tryin to hose me. Gave them 2 choices
1) $3000 clear title and keep the car
2) $5000 bad title and keep the car

either way there will be another Alienation on the road again. Going to try and build a green laguna instead, the only problem is she wants a bench instead of buckets. Rolling Eyes

ill sell you my bench seat if you want, im putting 69 camaro buckets in my 74 anyways
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill's 74 Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:34 pm

If you are not planning to rebuild THAT car, number 2 seems to be the best option.

Don't ever plan on 'winning' as insurance is there only to limit your losses.

Bill

Bill's 74
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:37 am

I say inspect the damage. If the main body is tweaked, go for option #2. If the body is good, go for option #1, find a cheap donor frame & front end, & get it going again.

If I run across a Laguna, I'll be sure to post it. I also have power bench seats for sale if you want them.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by mal76ibu Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:40 pm

Ok get your shopping lists ready, should be parting the malibu out in a weeks or so. Doing finishing touches with insurance now, found another car hopefully, he wants to sell. Then strip the bu of what is needed in new car and sell the rest. New car wont have the F.I. engine, dont really feel like rewireing it, neither does my father.
mal76ibu
mal76ibu
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mal76ibu Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:11 pm

Got dropped off at my friends house today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aS4meCuWI4&feature=player_embedded
mal76ibu
mal76ibu
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mal76ibu Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:22 am

Well there she sits, might have a buyer for the engine have to wait till this weekend and see.
Sad day - Page 2 Dscf3210
Sad day - Page 2 Dscf3211
mal76ibu
mal76ibu
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:41 am

Sad

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:58 pm

I rebuilt a plain-jane '73 Chevelle, (no tinted glass, rubber floor mats, six cyl stick, no radio etc) that had been hit from the side, right at the front bumper end. The frame was pushed like 4 inches over to the right. The frame bend was at the fire wall. After the front clip was removed, I pushed the frame back straight with a Portapower jack set, while heating the frame rails with two torches, with 1 inch rosebud tips. It was actually easier than I thought it would be. After a new left fender, a bumper and brackets, & misc other stuff, it was back together, and with a front-end alignment.
So that Chevelle could likely be saved if someone cared to wade into it. Not easy, but doable....

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:27 am

The body itself looks savable from what I can see. I'd locate another frame & swap it over. Then you are just looking at repainting the front end & it's still the same car.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:45 am

That sounds like a good idea too. I hate to see a Chevelle or El Camino scrapped. I had to scrap a '77 El Camino in summer of '09, that I bought new. Broke my heart to do it, but I just let it go too long to fix it (rust)

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by mal76ibu Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:04 am

Insurance salvaged non-rebuildable, so u need to have a new vin to rivit on it. Somebody is looking at buying the shell. Sux because it has a complete new brake system, new steering box and new ball joints.
mal76ibu
mal76ibu
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:39 am

My daughter totaled one of my cars and I bought it back from the insurance company for $125 and rebuilt and retitled it. Later swapped it for another car. My son in law totaled the 2005 Hyundi Sonata I gave him and he is doing the same thing as we speak. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by mal76ibu Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:51 pm

Thats what i tried to do trust me this car has been in my family since the dealership sold it. I can rebuild it all day long but the title is listed as salvaged non-rebuildable. So I would need a new vin #.
mal76ibu
mal76ibu
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973montec Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:13 pm

Rago wrote:The body itself looks savable from what I can see. I'd locate another frame & swap it over. Then you are just looking at repainting the front end & it's still the same car.

if you look at the roof,it looks to be buckeled on the driver side right above the opera window. Crying or Very sad
1973montec
1973montec
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973montec Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:19 pm

pila wrote: I rebuilt a plain-jane '73 Chevelle, (no tinted glass, rubber floor mats, six cyl stick, no radio etc) that had been hit from the side, right at the front bumper end. The frame was pushed like 4 inches over to the right. The frame bend was at the fire wall. After the front clip was removed, I pushed the frame back straight with a Portapower jack set, while heating the frame rails with two torches, with 1 inch rosebud tips. It was actually easier than I thought it would be. After a new left fender, a bumper and brackets, & misc other stuff, it was back together, and with a front-end alignment.
So that Chevelle could likely be saved if someone cared to wade into it. Not easy, but doable....

when i bought my 73 monte 14 years ago the frame was bent from the previous owner hitting a tree. when i bought it i had it straigtened,but did not realize till i put it together last year that it was still not straight. my front bumper will only fit one way and it is 3/4 of an inch off. one day i might fix it,by oblonging some holes Wink .
1973montec
1973montec
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mal76ibu Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:05 am

Going today to look at a blue 77 malibu. If it goes as planned it should be in the paint shop next week. Then pull the blue interior out and install the tan in it. Just have to order 1 tire and be back on the road. Just without the nice F.I. engine. fingers crossed
mal76ibu
mal76ibu
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: