G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caprice vs. Interceptor vs. Impala vs Charger

+5
knightfan26917
The Dude
dragons_lair59
Roadcaptain S3
bigredlaguna
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Caprice vs. Interceptor vs. Impala vs Charger - Page 2 Empty Re: Caprice vs. Interceptor vs. Impala vs Charger

Post by JB2wheeler Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:36 am

My daughter has a Volkswagon, forget model name, that is 4 wheel drive. Every time her or my son in law have to drive in deep snow they use the Volks instead of the Hyundai Sonata, but when they need to go on a long trip they take the sonata because it gets better gas milage and is more dependable. The Volks has not been a bad car, but when they drive in deep snow they always tear off (twice) a big plastic pan that covers something vital underneath and they have to buy a new one and is rather expensive. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Caprice vs. Interceptor vs. Impala vs Charger - Page 2 Empty Re: Caprice vs. Interceptor vs. Impala vs Charger

Post by IndyG3 Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:17 pm

Back to the police cars in question, anybody think GM will actually bring out a RWD vehicle like a new Caprice anytime soon?
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:20 pm

I think they will. Dont forget, for every cop version they sell they will sell 10 Taxi versions of the same car. I believe the only reason they did away with the 96 Impalas was because the government was bitching so much about gas milage. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:59 pm

I believe the gas mileage thing is based on the average of all models from the mfgr. Maybe there were not enough small cars to make up an acceptable average gas mileage (?)

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:14 pm

The new Caprice cop cars are out already, not all over but some places have them already. They are not selling it to the public(at least not yet) .
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2