G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~~Introduce Yourself~~

+114
Homer J
77camino
76ANOTHERDAYChevelle
GeeGeeGee333
Joe73
RossM
carcrazy
thatfnthing
kpanepinto
Mcarlo77
coachbobirwin11@gmail.com
73LeMans
Hs1973
bigredlaguna
impalamonte
clanceman427
Andrew83
wlardimhir
Francine77
fasrnur
Logicalloco
Evil ElCo
Limey SE
chevellelaguna
77mali
Rz7ft4
dynchel
testpilot61
knightfan26917
77dreammachine
braunicus
Keith Seymore
ElkeeLee73
Hoss406
Grimeyfonz
ant7377
nicky73gs
'73 Guna
driveit
Wallyuph
Tom77
allenland2000
Rt66Cruzer
Famstyle
JB2wheeler
magic marouke
WyldeBill66
1973 454 MONTE
1973montec
skeezix91
the orange one
dragons_lair59
Turtle83
BicknellWelding
Tuffenough4u
Pontichev327
Laguna Budman
Sleddogg
Darkcalling
bigred84
Bret Mullikin
Darkcalling1
alleyball4
jerry46765
geoff528
taffy bear
cp73
73 SS owner
Hawk03
redmalibu
Cdub74
badtemper44
Graham Perkins
malibob73
Buzzman
irishish27
74MonteCarlo
DiscoMalibu
pila
77ElClassic
canam455
BigSythe
micara928
MT76LAGUNA
4gotn73
Suiteriff
laguna55
74Guna
Checyxtc
The Dude
1973chevelle
Fishgrinder
abajc3
BlackChevelleSS
denard52
77malibu77
Lord Vader
Malicruiser
Roadcaptain S3
cromags76 BANNED
76LagunaS3
badbiscayne66
74442guy
coreys73chevelle
jerry harman
autorecycler
lincoln_guy1991
1977chevelle
G3NUT
Hydro King
chevys_r_us
TheDeve
Compucarracing
Admin
118 posters

Page 1 of 18 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

Go down

~~Introduce Yourself~~ Empty ~~Introduce Yourself~~

Post by Admin Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:41 pm

This section is for all members, new and old, to introduce themselves and supply some info about them and their ride(s).

Admin
Management
Management

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

~~Introduce Yourself~~ Empty Re: ~~Introduce Yourself~~

Post by Compucarracing Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:33 am

Hello All..My Name is Scott..(Compucarracing) My ride is a big block 1973 Monte Carlo. I am a mechanic and have been driving and working on a-body cars since 1975 but still learn something new about them every day. I own an auto repair shop in Akron Ohio for 19 years, Compucar Inc.. 95% of what we do is day to day auto mechanical repair. The other 5% would be considered custom. I have built drag cars, rock crawlers, road race and street rods. I am getting to the point where I don't really want to do the custom work. So much time is involved in big projects and it is often hard for customers to understand where their money is going. Right now I am involved in a project with a company that produces bio diesel fuel. They wanted a diesel 53 Jeep Willys that could run on bio diesel. They also want a modern interior, climate control, navigation, a 43" widescreen that can be viewed with the back door open, a remote controlled table that extends out the back doors 6 feet with leveling legs, etc. This also need to be able to drive cross country as it will be used at industry trade shows and will be driven from show to show by the sales team. We used an 05 Jeep Liberty CRD turbo diesel chassis, cut off the body and cut the floor and firewall out of the Willys and put them together. There are so many considerations it is overwhelming. I keep no less that two guys on this job every day. Not to mention that I am more or less always on the job researching parts and planning cuts. I am tired and would like to get back to enjoying the hobby so I am trying to go from wrenching to manufacturing parts for 73-77 A-bodies. I currently am manufacturing transmission crossmembers and soon will be adding unique rear lower control arms that not only look cool but have a unique feature that allows them to better control axle housing and improving 60 foot times. The parts I make will be of the highest quality with the best of materials. Of course, MADE IN U.S.A. I will never sub my parts to china or any other country. Right now I am very busy..it is racing season and I have several customers that bring their drag cars in for repair or modification. This will last till October. I hope to have a web store by the years end catering to a-bodies. I am also in the process of finding some properly zoned land in my area that I can use for an a-body salvage yard. I believe that our cars will be the next models to increase in value an popularity. I have grown up with these cars and want to ride the a-body wave when it hits. Not for the money..I love 73-77 a-bodies and love to design and build parts for them. My stress relief is cutting, welding and pounding on steel. I usually check my email (compucarracing@gmail.com) a couple of times a day. I am sure we will be able to help each other out. That is the nice thing about a group of people interested in the same thing, one members weakness is another members strength so we all get what we need. To the founder of this group, thanks for taking the time and showing interest in these cars to start this group. Great Job! cheers

Last edited by THE MALIGOON on Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:51 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : could not see text COULD NOT SEE TEXT)
Compucarracing
Compucarracing
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

muldokken likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydro King Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:10 pm

Welcome scott.
Hydro King
Hydro King
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:52 pm

HEY WELCOME SCOTT I HAD TO CHANGE YOUR WHITE TEXT TO BLACK MAN I COULD NOT EVEN READ IT..........GOTTA GIVE AN OLD GUY THE BENIFIT TO READ WHAT YOU ARE TYPING ANYWAYS WELCOME ABAORD

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:45 pm

Welcome Scott. I am sooo glad that the G3s are starting to get more attention from aftermarket folk. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeve Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:34 pm

Hey everyone my name is steve... i have a 1973 Chevelle... originally i hated the way it looked and only bought my 73 because i talked the guy down from $1200 to $400... I ended up falling in love with it after a little time.... the only thing i hate is how hard it is to find parts
TheDeve
TheDeve
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:35 pm

Welcome Steve

~~Introduce Yourself~~ SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydro King Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:54 pm

Hey steve, what parts are you looking into buying, I have done allot of part purchasing and found allot dont fit.
Hydro King
Hydro King
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

~~Introduce Yourself~~ Empty Hi

Post by chevys_r_us Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:13 am

Chris here, Im the proud owner of a 74 malibu from somerset ky. Glad I found a place where others have cars like mine.

chevys_r_us
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydro King Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:12 pm

Welcome chris.
Hydro King
Hydro King
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

~~Introduce Yourself~~ Empty my 74 Laguna rust bucket

Post by autorecycler Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:56 pm

When I picked it up 6 years ago in Georgia,it was a great find! A 1974 Laguna S3, black, red interior, swivel buckets, center console. Engine and trany removed but right next to it. then life happened. Navy moved me across country to Seattle. Wife became ex wife. and several years past. Car sat under a pine tree and rusted. engine and tranny grew legs and ran off. A year ago I went and retrieved it. I found a 400/400 combo in a bashed up, demo derby 74 impala and pulled it. Perfect match. got the guna transported up here and now it is rusted beyond help. It sits undercover waiting for me to find a chevelle, laguna or elky to swap all my parts over. I had my first G# back in 1980. It was a 73 SS 454 and it will always be the one that got away. For a short time I had a 73 454 SS coupe, 73 SS 453 elky and actually found a 73 SS 454 wagon on a used car lot. but did not have the money to collect the trifecta..... some day.... :-)
autorecycler
autorecycler
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:05 pm

welcome! im also from washington
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:23 pm

chevys_r_us wrote:Chris here, Im the proud owner of a 74 malibu from somerset ky. Glad I found a place where others have cars like mine.
Hello Chris. One of these days I will manage to crash that wild bash you all have down there in Somerset, if I live long enough. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:44 pm

autorecycler
are you the person who is on seattle craigslist? that i told about this site, your looking to sell it and buy another one???
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

~~Introduce Yourself~~ Empty introduce yourself

Post by G3NUT Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:44 pm

hey i'm just another g3 nut just like the rest of you.
mechanic by trade my hobbies are restoring,buying,selling, and trading chevelle parts and cars.
I'm also into 63-72 novas and 67-73 camaros.
I'm currently restoring a 73 chevelle ss factory 4 speed car. hopefully i will have it done by summer time.
G3NUT
G3NUT
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:49 pm

WELCOME HOME! Very Happy
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:01 pm

welcome aboard to G3GM brother hope you find everything you need here if not just ask one of us will help you out POST SOME PROGRESS PICS AND A PROFILE THANKS ANTHONY

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:06 am

welcome NUT!

~~Introduce Yourself~~ SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by 1977chevelle Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:58 pm

Hey everyone, Im Jeremy, an 18 year old student currently in my senior year of highschool. I bout my first car less than a week ago, a 1977 chevelle with a 350 engine in it. I love it, it needs plenty of interior work, but its my baby. Happy to find a site that loves these cars as much as i do! (and also with people who know what they're doing and will hopefully pass on their knowledge) Very Happy

1977chevelle
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:12 pm

Welcome to g3gm Jeremy.
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

~~Introduce Yourself~~ Empty I'm new here and need help

Post by lincoln_guy1991 Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:47 am

I'm glad to see that there is actually a site there are people that are currently using to show there 73-77 rides. I plan to come back here often.
I can't seem to get picture of my car up as an avitar. I've tried to resize it several times and am tring to use my myspace as a host, I thought that it would work but I only get a box with an x in it.
I have posted a Link to my myspace page so that if you wish to see mt ride you can. It has not been drive much in last 3 years but I start it let it run about once or twice a month. If anyone needs help searching for any parts, I'd be happy to help you look, I have gotten pretty good at it actually. I live in the Dallas/ Ft.Worth area and come across stuff fairly often.
lincoln_guy1991
lincoln_guy1991
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by autorecycler Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:14 pm

coreys73chevelle wrote:autorecycler
are you the person who is on seattle craigslist? that i told about this site, your looking to sell it and buy another one???

Yes that is who I am. thanks for the heads up about this site.
I did find a 73 on CL, picked it up last week.
Now the work begins
Swapping the Laguna engine/trans/interior into the 73 Malibu
Then parting out what is left.
autorecycler
autorecycler
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Laguna Budman Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:20 pm

Welcome to the site Jeremy and good luck with your build. Good to see the younger generation appreciate these cars. My daughter is 14 and has one that we are building. So again good luck!
Laguna Budman
Laguna Budman
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:02 am

lincoln_guy1991 wrote:I live in the Dallas/ Ft.Worth area and come across stuff fairly often.

Cool. Tommy lives in that same area....

And, WELCOME Smile.

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...RT 66 = Sept 5-16, '09
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Ever been to Texas?" ... Conway Twitty ... 'Saturday Night Special'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jerry harman Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:13 pm

Hi to everyone: I am a retired Army Helicopter pilot. Still trying to keep all the parts together and enjoy our special era automobiles.
I am the original owner of a totally restored 76 Chevelle Malibu Classic. My ride happened to be a special order Factory Dealer Demo car--Now all that means is its got power everything and the special analog instruments encluding factrory tach.
Its got a 427 small block, tuned port fuel injection,4 wheell disc brakes, tilt, cruise, air. Lots of work on the suspension. Its color is Firethorn with a 1/2 vinl top. Now running 15s future will be 18s rims with lower profile tires. I plan on running 8in on the front and 10s on the rear.

How do I download a few pics of my work in progress?

Thanks, jerry

jerry harman
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 18 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next