G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My 75 Laguna S3 has no fender moulding

3 posters

Go down

My 75 Laguna S3 has no fender moulding Empty My 75 Laguna S3 has no fender moulding

Post by fishhead Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:43 pm

Was fender moulding standard on all '75 S3's?

fishhead
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

My 75 Laguna S3 has no fender moulding Empty Re: My 75 Laguna S3 has no fender moulding

Post by Graham Perkins Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:14 pm

No I don't think so, years ago I bought a 75 Laguna S3 that was an original paint southern car and it had no wheel well mouldings.

Thanks Graham.
Graham Perkins
Graham Perkins
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

My 75 Laguna S3 has no fender moulding Empty Re: My 75 Laguna S3 has no fender moulding

Post by fishhead Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:40 pm

Interesting.....mine was born in the Doraville,Georgia plant here in the Southern U.S. if I read the VIN correctly.I guess it never was parked in a garage because the interior has been baked by the sun and thoroughly moisturized by rain over the years.In spite of a harsh life it still has amazingly straight metal.The floors and trunk floor are nicely "aerated" though..

fishhead
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pontichev327 Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:56 am

Hey fish, the S-3's and the 73 SS's dont have chrome fender moldings 'cause they have stripes that border the fenderwell. the holes are there if you wanna use 'em though.
Pontichev327
Pontichev327
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by fishhead Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:11 am

I wondered about that when I noticed some folks have it and some don't.I'll probably keep the original "nascar"look and save 400.00.I have the original silver with burgundy stripes on mine although I'm prepping it for a fresh,new coat.I'm considering tweeking those 2 colors slightly using a candy for the burgundy and maybe some metallic/pearl in the silver.

fishhead
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pontichev327 Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:38 am

Sounds very cool...Have you registerd it on The S-3 registry yet? There is a thread here about it!
Pontichev327
Pontichev327
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by fishhead Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:58 am

Yes i read some of the post the other day but haven't signed up yet.I haven't even transferred the title yet,I just stored it away and started working on the car.I guess you could say I live on a relaxed schedule. Sleep

fishhead
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down