G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Norwegian flogs a third gen on the track

+5
Hawk03
Dinomyte
CH7377
Fishgrinder
carcass
9 posters

G3GM :: Media :: Videos

Go down

Norwegian flogs a third gen on the track Empty Norwegian flogs a third gen on the track

Post by carcass Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:55 pm

Sorry if this has been posted before,
but even if it has it deserves another look, these Norwegian cats know how to use the long pedal on the right!! Also that track looks fun to the max.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euuMFnZ164k
carcass
carcass
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Norwegian flogs a third gen on the track Empty Re: Norwegian flogs a third gen on the track

Post by 77mali Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:00 pm

Ooooooooh Man! Drivin' like a Viking.... Twisted Evil
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Norwegian flogs a third gen on the track Empty Re: Norwegian flogs a third gen on the track

Post by carcass Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:23 pm

you know it!
Hopefully his helmet has those two horns on it!
Then celebrate the win with a nice dish of lutafisk
carcass
carcass
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:47 pm

I'm thinking he has the helmet & will pillage some small communities on his way home from the track! I love when he passes the black car @ around 3:40. Very Happy

Norwegian flogs a third gen on the track 953a4c10

lol!
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:51 pm

HEY FISHGRINDER

Can you translate the guys speaking Norwegian later on in the video? Are they talking "smack" about the other cars on the track?
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carcass Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:46 am

they were probly telling jokes about the Swede cars on the track, as the driver was mercilessly hammering on that four barrel.

I have ten bucks says it has a quadrajet.
carcass
carcass
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:48 am

It sure sounds like it might be and a well tuned one at that. I didn't count laps but I hope he had some spare gas handy for the ride home.
GoFast
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carcass Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:53 pm

I have got to drive my Malibu like this, it is imperative that I slide my car at speed and hear that carb funneling air into a hungry motor for long periods of time. I respect drag racing but at our local 1/8th mile, its a five hour day,30$ and less than a minute of racing.
Wheel to wheel racing is medicine for a four barrel hungry soul.
I love the look of the fenders of these cars through the windshield, and dead sideways at speed abusing the long pedal on the right pulling on the steering wheel for extra right foot leverage and refusing to back out of it even over the rumble strip into the toolies is what I call a day!!!!
carcass
carcass
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:30 pm

My stupid car has been under reconstruction for so long that I have dreams of driving like that Norseman. I've said it before but when it's done & all broken in & safety checked- I'm gonna beat the pi$$ out of it. Might take her to Limerock in CT and have lots of fun for a spell.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:41 pm

I would absolutely love to do some laps on a track like that, but there just aren't any within a reasonable distance. The closets thing we have around here is an occasional SCCA event and a community college campus parking lot. Not exactly the same thing. Crying or Very sad
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:47 pm

What about in Canada, eh? Nothing across the falls?

Lyme Rock is almost 3 hours from Boston (but I don't care) LOL....just once will be OK.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carcass Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:59 pm

I'd love to get my SCCA license and drive wheel to wheel here in Seattle at Pacific international raceways or in Shelton at the Ridge Motorsports park, but its not easy to get the SCCA license. So I'll take parking lot autocross events or even staggered start hot laps at PIR heck of a lot better than not giving it the mustard!!
carcass
carcass
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carcass Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:00 pm

Huge Props to folks that actually know how to use the joy pedal, I've had quite enough of the cruise in and show and shine gang for an entire lifetime. Boring!
carcass
carcass
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishgrinder Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:15 am

77mali wrote:HEY FISHGRINDER

Can you translate the guys speaking Norwegian later on in the video? Are they talking "smack" about the other cars on the track?

They are actually behaving well, especially for being from the north Smile

The sound is quite blurry, but this is what they say:

3:58 "This driving would scare the girls"
4:16 " I don't think Chevrolet brought girls with them" (probably referring to test driving)
4:55 "seems like the temperatur is increasing, go slower for a while"
5:42 "fun for the kids"
8:08 " I think that was one of the best laps"
8:30 " we've got a huge lead now"

Fishgrinder
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:07 am

Thanks, I was hoping they were talking about the Saab guy- did you see the look on his face when they passed him? Laughing
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CH7377 Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:28 am

He's got more videos of the chevelle. heres one from the outside
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG3Y6NaQT9U&list=UUtW2jMuA3Cxsa97Pxf_kw0A&index=15

CH7377
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:39 am

I got "Norwegian Wood" from those videos.

lol!

Apologies to Beatles fans.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinomyte Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:27 pm

Some nice driving, great to hear that thing roar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Farb9wV92Y&list=UUtW2jMuA3Cxsa97Pxf_kw0A

I think this is the last one in the set from the inside, sounds like he's broken something. . .
Dinomyte
Dinomyte
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:15 am

Popular Hot Rodding article about the car http://blogs.popularhotrodding.com/6591613/hard-driving/1974-chevelle/
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:29 pm

Hawk03 wrote:Popular Hot Rodding article about the car http://blogs.popularhotrodding.com/6591613/hard-driving/1974-chevelle/

Arild Guldbrandsen (Guldbrandsen mean "Flogger of Third Gens" in Norse) lol! Great little article. I wish we had a track like that nearby.

It sounds like an engine issue in the last video- like the top of a piston hitting a stuck valve.... pale
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:36 pm

Wow that thing is rougher than I expected. Must be even more embarrassing for the people he laps at the track. Smile
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by DoctorLarry Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:51 pm

You should see the video of him doing that on packed snow-those Norsemen are crazy!

DoctorLarry
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeBill66 Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:07 pm

I love the filled in opera windows. I've thought about doing that on my 75 Chevelle. I may do it when I'm doing what little body work it needs.

WyldeBill66
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down