G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

55 chevy crashes

4 posters

Go down

55 chevy crashes Empty 55 chevy crashes

Post by dynchel Wed May 15, 2013 10:08 am

whats scary is the guy gets ejected and his seat goes way in the air. nice tech inspection... slap
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

55 chevy crashes Empty Re: 55 chevy crashes

Post by pila Fri May 17, 2013 1:07 am

I'm of the opinion that he can't drive worth a crap ! We ran a '55 drag car in the 60s, and never had any problems keeping it straight, and we were in the high 12s way back then, with a 365 HP 327 crate engine that we modded, and buzzed up to 8500 through the gears...

I'll bet that hurt a lot too !

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Fri May 17, 2013 11:55 am

pila wrote:I'm of the opinion that he can't drive worth a crap ! We ran a '55 drag car in the 60s, and never had any problems keeping it straight, and we were in the high 12s way back then, with a 365 HP 327 crate engine that we modded, and buzzed up to 8500 through the gears...

I'll bet that hurt a lot too !
I agree, he gave it gas when all he had to do was let off the gas and it would have straightened itself up. Hindsight is a marvelous thing. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Fri May 17, 2013 1:27 pm

I thought the same -- he had plenty of time to recover and didn't. So I then thought maybe it picked that moment to throw a tie rod or something.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down