G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lords of the car hoards

+2
dynchel
Mcarlo77
6 posters

Go down

lords of the car hoards Empty lords of the car hoards

Post by dynchel Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:00 am

Has anyone seen this?  Its a new show that is on right after fast and loud.  In the second episode ('40 ford p/u build)there is a decent looking '74 Laguna that gets removed along with several '70/'72's.  I didn't get a chance to finish the episode so hopefully they don't part it out.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

lords of the car hoards Empty Re: lords of the car hoards

Post by Mcarlo77 Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:28 am

I watched most of the show and saw the Laguna, too. Only saw where they sold a couple of the cars to a buyer and not what they did with the rest of them.

Speaking of Fast and Loud's episode before that...those were my friends and owners of French Lake Auto (Floyd and Skip) who sold Richard and Dennis the '69 Boss 429. In fact, it was Skip and his brother Shaun who sold me my '75 Laguna summer before last. Great family business...and great people who treat me like one of their own.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Pontichev327 Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:04 am

That was a pretty good show, at least they keep the non-car drama to a tolerable level. How about the Dream Car Garage closing montage? They have a yellow 73 Gran Sport and a Silver Pontiac Lemans in there. I had to freeze frame to catch them, right near the end.
Pontichev327
Pontichev327
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:09 am

i didn't now dream car garage was still on. I know the the one guy (tom i think was his name) died last year.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Pontichev327 Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:13 am

I had not seen it before. It is the one They drive a red resto- Charger and trick Tom into sitting in an Elanore that doesn't run...
Pontichev327
Pontichev327
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:15 pm

I saw the Laguna too, but I don't think they showed anything happening to it.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:04 pm

One of the guys I did some artwork for may be on that show coming up at some point.  He is also talking to them about getting my renderings displayed for the cars he has.  He posted some of them on Facebook and he sent me this today. "I posted it on facebook, and one of the builders from Counting Cars commented it was bad @%%."

I know it might not happen, but I am so excited to think that my work might be on TV.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973montec Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:34 pm

good job
1973montec
1973montec
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:10 pm

Hope it works out! I would love to do this full time from a home office. This might be the ticket to get my foot in the door. We will see. I will try and not get my hopes up too far as he is not for sure if they are going to do it for him yet. They are in the discussion phase I guess...
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:34 pm

That would be cool. Don't forget us little people when you make it big!
Laughing

And John- regarding the Lords of Hordes- I love that stupid show! I almost died when I watched it for the 1st time and some guy had like 30 cars in his yard! And most of them were pretty decent too.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:52 pm

At one time I had 18 cars I think, but only two were derivable and I will never be more than a little guy. I plan to use my design work and everything I do to glorify God. I pray that he blesses me to at some point do it full time and to do enough to provide a better living for my family.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:39 am

Talked to the guy about this again. He said that they were not going to be able to get him in for this season, but would be starting filming for next season very soon and it looked like he would be in it. He has shown them some of my work and they liked it, but not much more was said. Still hoping! Would be cool to be featured on the discovery channel.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum