G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you won the lottery

+13
Joe73
driveit
BicknellWelding
orange Juiced
pila
ant7377
Brainstain
77mali
magic marouke
Dinomyte
Limey SE
Colonnade Mattie
dynchel
17 posters

Go down

If you won the lottery Empty If you won the lottery

Post by driveit Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:34 pm

If you won the lottery what would you do? I mean big time, never have to worry about money again lottery. What would you do?
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

If you won the lottery Empty Re: If you won the lottery

Post by dynchel Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:49 pm

I would definitely get a huge garage, and few more cars. A '73 SS 4 speed chevelle,  '69 chevelle 396, '67 ish caddy rag top,'40 ford deluxe  & a ''55 210 chevy come to mind.  I do believe you have to give back so I would find some charity (or maybe start my own). Also Pay off my dads medical bills (he's currently fighting cancer). That's where I would start. tongue

Last edited by dynchel on Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added details)
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonnade Mattie Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:38 pm

I'd have my house spray painted bright orange..over the windows and everything..so my neighbor with the barking golden retrievers has something to look at while I'm touring the golf courses of the nation for a couple years. I'd keep the Malibu in one of my warehouses full of cars but would be driving my hemi cuda primarily.
Colonnade Mattie
Colonnade Mattie
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:36 am

first I pay off all my Bills donate to a charity that I am involved in, get my best friend back on track with his drug abuse ( was really bad till he lost everything including his daughter ) they say you have to hit rock Bottom to first crawl out of the hole your in, And in his case his Daughter disowning him I think was the bottom for him.
But for Cars I would have mine redone to factory specs and while that was being done Would Buy the 73 Motion SS Chevelle and drive the living snot out of it !!!! That's after making sure my family was taken care of i.e. kids education, both our funeral costs so they could just enjoy life when me and Mama pass away
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:54 am

For me I wouldn't want anyone to know that I had gotten it. I would send everyone in my family an anonymous check to help them out as well as to my church. I would pay off all of my bills and pay someone to refurbish my house and build my dream garage. ( I have already designed this btw )

For cars I would pay a pro shop to do a frame off on my 74. Custom Chassis with the body channeled so it can sit lower with out scraping the ground. I am thinking 50,000 in the Chevelle would be ok.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinomyte Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:38 pm

Interesting question - First, take care of family, friends of the like. Make sure our boys get all the education they want, and start life out on the right foot rather than $50,000 in the hole.

I'd probably close up the computer business, make my wife retire (that wouldn't be too hard) and likely start a charity in our city dealing with books for kids in some way.

Maybe start a car museum, like this one in Renolds, Alberta.  Been there it's just amazing.

Renolds Museum

Maybe take a vacation somewhere warm.
Dinomyte
Dinomyte
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by magic marouke Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:57 pm

First of all I'd build my own underground tornado proof house . The location is awesome but I could get swept away any time right now . Traveling is my passion so would be doing that mostly . Oh and get the AC and ball joints fixed on my work truck
magic marouke
magic marouke
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:45 pm

If the Almighty were to grant me such luck as to hit it big, I would start several large foundations for education, finding cures for diseases, providing for veteran's of war and their families, child abuse prevention & most likely several other things to generally help others.  I'd most likely finally find time to travel with my wife, make sure my kids would be OK after I've gone to a better place and build our dream home out in some beautiful part of the country, with plenty of garage space of course.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by Brainstain Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:47 pm

Other than a nice house and garages full of cars, I would tally up my, my gfs, and my close friends' Sallie Mae loans, buy a truck and trailer, make a stop at a bank and pick up pallets of pennies for the final pay off of all of them and deliver it to the nearest Sallie Mae office that accepted payments.

Brainstain
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:48 pm

Id get myself a huge building and fill it up with cars. Get myself and the family a few homes down in Florida and Italy for the winters. Get my parish back in the black. Id be driving a 72 Caddy coupe for my daily driver too, screw the gas.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:31 pm

In the unlikely event that I would win a few mil in a lottery, I would move to Hawaii, like I should have done 10 years ago.
Then I could just play my steel guitar and watch hula girls.......
I did play there a few times, and should have stayed.. Very Happy 

And I'm sure I would have a G3 El Camino ! Laughing 

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by orange Juiced Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:55 pm

For me, after mine and my families bills are paid off. Buy a nice garage with a house out front, LOL. I would donating to different charities, invest some $$$, and save the rest for collage for my nephews and nieces. Restore a few cars, and one of them being a 1947-1954 Chevy Carry All. I would upgrade the drive train, and suspension and take a coast to coast road trip across the nation. No maps, no GPS, just drive and stop as i see fit.

If you won the lottery Attachment
orange Juiced
orange Juiced
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by BicknellWelding Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:53 pm

I'd be broke in 3 days. LOL.

aside from the obvious non selfish things... my lottery dreams always consist of the same things...
-huge fabrication shop
-more cars than I know what to do with
-finding my dads 56 nomad (that my grandmother bought new)
-rescuing cars like people do with animals
-building every dumb idea I've ever had
Oddly enough, the dream never involves taking it easy.
BicknellWelding
BicknellWelding
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by chevellelaguna Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:38 am

If I won the Lottery, I'd tell my wife to pack the bags.....she'd ask where are we going, I'd tell her "I don't care where YOU go, just pack Your bags and get out!"
chevellelaguna
chevellelaguna
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:36 am

lol
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:03 pm

Alright, I'd go for the Gear Vendors Overdrive for my muncie. Just to calm the 4.10's down on the highway.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:53 pm

chevellelaguna wrote:If I won the Lottery, I'd tell my wife to pack the bags.....she'd ask where are we going, I'd tell her "I don't care where YOU go, just pack Your bags and get out!"

Well, let's hope she doesn't find this site, or you might get your wish -- minus the whole 'winning the lottery' part. Smile
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by chevellelaguna Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:47 pm

LOL! Well.... It's move out or I'd buy her a Cobalt with a VERY heavy key ring.... All of these things are better than if SHE won the lottery! We've been married 13 years, it's all fun.
chevellelaguna
chevellelaguna
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:11 pm

If I won the lottery I would fly to Australia and buy a stable full of Holden crew cab Utes and bring them home. I hear that not only is Chevy going to not make them available here as the El Camino, but are going to cease making them as Holdens. IT'
S ENOUGH TO MAKE A GROWN MAN CRY. jb
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by LS_Quest Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:17 pm

I know I'm a little late here, but....

I would do much like everyone else here;
1. Take care of those that have taken care of me.
2. Move to AZ.
3. Have a nice house built with lots of rooms so everyone I know can come and visit anytime.
4. Have a shop built with all the tools and machines that anyone could imagine.
5. Hire a crew to man the shop.
5. Finish out my years actually building all the cars I have bench-raced in the past and then sell them after completion. (maybe keep a few favs)
LS_Quest
LS_Quest
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down