G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

street racing

+4
Limey SE
chromejunkie
BlackChevelleSS
thatfnthing
8 posters

Go down

street racing Empty street racing

Post by pila Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:27 pm

On my news items on my browser, there's a tragedy that didn't need to happen. Lots of car shows on TV like to show how macho we all are when laying a patch of rubber, or doing some racing.
This item is quite sad....two people killed, and one other injured, just spectators, when street racers lost it....

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/two-street-racing-spectators-killed-in-los-angeles-local-media/ar-BBhZUW9?ocid=ansnewsreu11

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

street racing Empty Re: street racing

Post by BlackChevelleSS Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:54 am

Sorry but Ive never seen drag racing go in circles?
Tragedy for sure but they were there watching illegal activity go down they should know the consequences. Thats why tracks have walls between racers and spectators.

street racing SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:00 pm

Punks acting stupid.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:16 pm

BlackChevelleSS wrote:Sorry but Ive never seen drag racing go in circles?
Tragedy for sure but they were there watching illegal activity go down they should know the consequences. Thats why tracks have walls between racers and spectators.

Yeah, that looked like drifting to me, or just old-fashioned donuts. Still, tragic.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:36 pm

http://abc7.com/535300/

Heres the video
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152652094117452&fref=nf

street racing SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:41 am

I posted just the headline. Didn't look at the video. Two dead on the headline was enough for me.....

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:33 am

pila wrote:I posted just the headline. Didn't look at the video.  Two dead on the headline was enough for me.....

I think they just used a generic picture or something.

street racing SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:27 pm

Wow...that video is something else, pretty chilling. People need to find a drag strip and keep off the streets.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by chromejunkie Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:30 pm

Here's the deal I worked for a top fuel team doesn't matter if its a track or on the street . things still happen a spectator got killed at an event I was at she was in the parking lot when a wheel came off a top fuel car and killed her. Could happen anywhere any time. NASCAR same thing happened spectator got killed by debree flying from s crash .
chromejunkie
chromejunkie
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

street racing Empty Arrests made

Post by Limey SE Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:50 am

http://www.hotrod.com/news/1503-arrests-made-in-fatal-racing-accident-street-outlaws-participant-charged/

Sad they died but it happens on all racing arenas just sad its became popular to promote street racing like this Take it to the track Where at least it is Semi contained, I do understand it can and does still happen there. But I feel this District Atty is setting an example by this he will not put up with it.

To me its only MY opinion I have seen death as well by street racers local here and they did get charged with the death and are serving time for it as they should, They always had no regard for spectators safety here (cant speak for there I wasn't present ) but here the dumb azz's challenge the crowd and well schtuff happens. I pray for there family and there loss there feeling but really cars speed and spectators that close just a recipe for disaster. Sorry if it offends anyone but that's how I see it.
Do I think they should be charged as well yes I do, Should have not even been promoting it on street what so ever.
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:57 am

There is always danger even @ the strip/track for spectators as well as participants but there are professionals there to deal with trauma/fire/injuries. A few minutes can mean life or death. When you race on the street you're just asking for trouble and you are now liable for anything bad that happens, unlike at a track. The NHRA did the right thing by threatening to revoke a members license for participating in that show.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:31 am

if you read the whole article I posted i the link they ( NHRA ) Has suspended all Licenses with anyone tied to this event, I think they should be taken away personally NOT suspended
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:58 am

They dont seem to care though. Im not defending anyone but its probably all about money. Also as Im sure we know that show is obviously written and staged. I know lots of older guys that did this stuff heavy in the 60s and 70s even in the 80s and 90s and you almost never here of a spectator getting killed. Dosent make it right even then but everything today is a show. I knew a guy who built a copy of Gapp and Roush's Maverick and bought his home with his winnings from that car.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:02 pm

At some of these I attended say 20 years ago it was very low key and no one there. A few years later it was a circus with guys even filming it and a lot of stupidity. That was it. Done.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by fishhead Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:54 pm

In my younger days (1980's) I did some street racing in my 73 chevelle with a 406 but it was always between me and the other guy with no spectators and usually in a remote location away from the populated areas and no traffic.I was fortunate there were no accidents or injuries and I never lost a race.I was pulled over twice after being caught red-handed,once by a state trooper and once by a really cute blonde(female of course) county deputy.To this day I have no idea how I got off with two separate warnings but I know one thing..I'll take it to the track in the future because it just isn't worth the risk.

fishhead
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:53 am

I wasn't aware that one of the guys charged ( Izzie) was on that Street Outlaws show ! On the news today, two guys charged with murder. Seems like negligent homicide would fit better..........
Maybe they will be made into an example ??

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:12 am

I don't think that murder is an appropriate charge either.  They certainly didn't set out to kill anyone.  The whole thing is just sad.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down