G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rear outer wheel wells what's everyone using?

3 posters

G3GM :: G3 Tech :: Body

Go down

rear outer wheel wells what's everyone using? Empty rear outer wheel wells what's everyone using?

Post by DaveFury Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:02 am

Hello All,

Well, I removed one of the quarter panels on the '76 Cutlass and it could also use rear wheel wells. What is everyone using? Are 68-72 A bodies close? Any info would be great,

Dave W.
DaveFury
DaveFury
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

rear outer wheel wells what's everyone using? Empty Re: rear outer wheel wells what's everyone using?

Post by dynchel Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:03 pm

While I've never done this I believe '72 parts are usually modded to fit.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

rear outer wheel wells what's everyone using? Empty Re: rear outer wheel wells what's everyone using?

Post by chevellelaguna Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:47 pm

I'd like to see a side by side to see just how different the pre 73 wheel wells are. Most people just repair the outter arch, I'm sure you could modify the older style wheel well, and just use the outer lip. Change the arch if need be. I'm going to be at that stage soon, cut the quarters off. Have to get the heater set up in the garage first.
chevellelaguna
chevellelaguna
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveFury Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:35 pm

chevellelaguna wrote:I'd like to see a side by side to see just how different the pre 73 wheel wells are.

Yeah, me too. I suppose I can patch the outer lips. I just figured someone had tried a set of 68-72 A body wells. I also heard that 70-81 Camaro ones are are close.

Dave W.
DaveFury
DaveFury
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by chevellelaguna Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:07 am

The camaro ones are affordable too, usually around $70-$100 a side.
chevellelaguna
chevellelaguna
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down