G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Convince me...LS vs. LT vs. crate

+13
fasrnur
ant7377
73ss
pila
thatfnthing
brownbomber77
Tom77
Roadcaptain S3
bigredlaguna
Crawf388
jerry46765
Joe73
Damon23
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Convince me...LS vs. LT vs. crate - Page 2 Empty Re: Convince me...LS vs. LT vs. crate

Post by Podor Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:45 pm

I've had an LT1 and several LS over the last 15 years. There is absolutely no comparison between the LT and LS engines. The LS heads flow significantly better, especially once you look at the L92/Ls3 version, right out of the box. The cam lobe diameters are larger allowing for more precise valve control and the lower end is rock solid with 6 bolt main caps and fractured powdered metal connecting rods. Not to mention the Opti-Spark issues. You have to do some significant planning on a Gen 1 or 2 SB to get the right cam, head and intake combo, where Gen 3 and up get faster with just about every mod out there. The newer engines rarely leak oil with vastly improved sealing surfaces. Now with all the aftermarket accessories, an LS swap is not much harder than an LT1 swap. Even on the PCM side, a factory LS set up from 99 and up will easily allow good tuning on the cheap. Very few guys are touching the older PCMs. I dropped practically stock LQ9 in my 6000lb Suburban that absolutely hauls. I could go on and on.
Podor
Podor
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2