G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Water Temp gauge sender

2 posters

Go down

Water Temp gauge sender Empty Water Temp gauge sender

Post by crice63 Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:16 pm

Switching from square to round cluster. For some reason I have two temp switches installed, one by the dizzy and the other down on the block, drivers side. Both were connected. I remember putting in the top one with the new motor, but at some point I must have plugged in the old one. In any case, I got the old temp sender out of the parts car (has a stud on top instead of a blade). I don't know if it works, but figured I try it. I'm guessing to put it up by the dizzy because I can do that without draining coolant? But will it give a reasonable reading from up there?

I'm also not getting any action from the voltmeter. The volt meter tested good before it came to me, so I'm thinking it's in the wiring somewhere.

crice63
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Water Temp gauge sender Empty Re: Water Temp gauge sender

Post by 73ss Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:35 pm

I think you have it confused with the oil pressure sender, which is next to the distributor on a small block, above the oil filter on a big block. temp sender is on driver side head, should be a dark green lead.

You can ground the lead for the oil press to verify. It should turn on the oil light. I think its light blue.
73ss
73ss
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by crice63 Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:36 pm

Yes, I was confused. I did some more reading and figured it out. I switched out the switch for the sender and it seems to be working. But something else isn't right, the car quit running on the test drive.

crice63
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down