G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

short throttle cable...for cruise control?

4 posters

Go down

short throttle cable...for cruise control? Empty short throttle cable...for cruise control?

Post by dhw3971 Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:38 pm

I have this short throttle cable that I think is used for cruise control on a 4- barrel carb.  I don't need it so if someone out there can use it, let me know.
short throttle cable...for cruise control? Img_0324
short throttle cable...for cruise control? Img_0325
short throttle cable...for cruise control? Img_0326
dhw3971
dhw3971
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

short throttle cable...for cruise control? Empty Re: short throttle cable...for cruise control?

Post by Mcarlo77 Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:58 pm

That's just a regular throttle cable.  There wasn't a separate throttle cable for cruise vs non-cruise.  Wasn't even a difference in length between 4bbl and 2bbl (I've got one of each for comparison).  Might be some interest in the bracket that this mounts to on the intake that also retains the cruise cable. Or, if you're still using the main bracket, I'd be interested in the small bolt-on piece that accommodates the cruise cable.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

short throttle cable...for cruise control? Empty Re: short throttle cable...for cruise control?

Post by dhw3971 Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:49 pm

ah, thank you for the education! I don't have any brackets left, unfortunately. I guess I'll just keep it in a drawer in case I need it some day.
dhw3971
dhw3971
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:22 pm

When I switched the 2 bbl 350 out of my '74 Malibu, the 2 bbl cable was too short for the 4 bbl on the 408 engine. If I remember correctly (CRS ya know !) Don't remember the details, but I did fine a new cable through the local Chevy dealer, for the length on a 4 bbl carb, when they searched the country for one...

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:43 pm

Yeah...I should have clarified that I was speaking of a 2bbl vs 4bbl on a 350 only.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:01 am

I have two of those cables hanging in my parts collection yet...free to anyone who wants them... Measuring the length is the best way to duplicate one of those...

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:19 am

For either dhw3971 or Pila I am switching from 2 to 4 barrel soon and will need one its a 1977 305 BTW

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:06 pm

Measure the length of the 2bbl one you will remove, & I'll see if I have a longer one....
Mine was for a '74 Malibu. I would think they are the same as '77, but...?

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:34 pm

Should Be Pila

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down