G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ebay cars

+4
IndyG3
ant7377
1973 454 MONTE
Limey SE
8 posters

Go down

ebay cars Empty ebay cars

Post by McCauley5983 Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:24 pm

one thing i cant stand is the rich people that go and spend 60,000 dollars on a car on ebay and think they are somethin special in my opinion these are not real car guys. I like to look at my car and have a sense of pride that what is in the driveway i built. plus its allways nice to take my 4,000 dollar gem and put it against em at the stoplight Very Happy
McCauley5983
McCauley5983
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

ebay cars Empty Re: ebay cars

Post by ant7377 Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:24 pm

I dont have that kind of dough to spend on old cars and I understand where you are coming from.But if I did have that kind of dough for old cars
I think I could spend it on ebay and still consider myself a car guy.And I know and im sure you know that alot of those same sweet looking cars run
like a bag of crap and that would add up to alot of hours of tinkering too.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by bigredlaguna Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:58 pm

A fella that spends that kind of money on an old car will never line up against you at a stoplight, cause it will never see another stoplight again.

Once a certain dollar value is paid for a vehicle it then becomes a collectible. This value is variable depending on the person buying, and the collector market at large.

This brings an interesting question- How much money would it take for a G-3 to be considered "collectible", and relegated to a climate controlled storage/ showoff facility?
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:48 pm

not one i would wanna own anyways

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:24 am

bigredlaguna wrote:This brings an interesting question- How much money would it take for a G-3 to be considered "collectible", and relegated to a climate controlled storage/ showoff facility?

ebay cars Front

I think this would qualify.

Also possibly if you found any of these in low mileage mint condition:

77 Chevelle SE
73 GTO SD455 4 speed
73 Chevelle SS 454 4 speed
any 73-75 Hurst Olds. Especially if it was a 74 W-30 H/O since less than 400 were made.
Buick Century GS Stage 1. Same deal here.
77 Pontiac Can Am

People don't realize how many special editions were made in 73-77 A bodies & just pass them off as smog mobiles, but there were/are some pretty collectible machines here. I wouldn't be surprised to see any of these cars go for more than their earlier counterparts due to the extreme rarity of some of them.

Last edited by Rago on Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fubared this one ---- I put less than earlier counterparts. Meant more. Whoops.)
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:39 am

that baldwin motion phase III 73 SS was just re-sold dont remember the sale but i think it was 3 figures at least

AND RAGO ON A SIDE NOTE LOOK AT THEM RIMS MY BROTHER NICE SHINY SLOTS JUST LIKE MINE LOL

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:43 am

Those aren't hard to come by, it's the narrow fronts that are impossible to find. I can find D-Slots in 15x7-15x10 sizes all day long.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:53 am

was thinking about finding thicker ones for the front............my area has alot of pot holes around here they dont take care of the roads

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by bigredlaguna Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:01 am

Rago wrote:
bigredlaguna wrote:This brings an interesting question- How much money would it take for a G-3 to be considered "collectible", and relegated to a climate controlled storage/ showoff facility?

ebay cars Front

I think this would qualify.

Also possibly if you found any of these in low mileage mint condition:

77 Chevelle SE
73 GTO SD455 4 speed
73 Chevelle SS 454 4 speed
any 73-75 Hurst Olds. Especially if it was a 74 W-30 H/O since less than 400 were made.
Buick Century GS Stage 1. Same deal here.
77 Pontiac Can Am

People don't realize how many special editions were made in 73-77 A bodies & just pass them off as smog mobiles, but there were/are some pretty collectible machines here. I wouldn't be surprised to see any of these cars go for less than their earlier counterparts.

Those are worthy of collector status, but if I were able to get one for perhaps $5000, I would still drive it as I desired to, but if I paid multiple ten grands for it, It would be a museum piece.
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:12 am

Rago wrote:Those aren't hard to come by, it's the narrow fronts that are impossible to find. I can find D-Slots in 15x7-15x10 sizes all day long.

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/pts/1413113272.html
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:00 am

1973 454 MONTE wrote:http://cleveland.craigslist.org/pts/1413113272.html

Shocked Sad $400 for just the fronts???!!! Should I be angry or sad? I love the D-Slot wheel design, but for that price I could pick up two brand new Centerline Convo Pros. This is an example of what happens when you add the words rat rod, gasser, or nostalgic to your ad. It apparently doubles the value of the part. Anyways, it is good to know they are still out there.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:10 am

It wouldnt bother me at all to lean on a car I paid 60 grand for .How could you not want to lean on a say 70 GTO or Trans Am or Hemi Charger.If you
could afford that kind of dough for a toy you can afford to fix it too.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:02 am

If I paid for a car, I'm gonna do whatever the hell I wanna do to it! If I bought an original Shelby Cobra I'd probably drive it the same way I drive my Colorado every day! It's a car, use it like one.
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by McCauley5983 Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:09 pm

they were built for one purpose TO DRIVE! a car is supposed to be driven if they were built for a trailer or air tight garage car manufacturers would never "rolled em off the assembly line" they would have been trailered. i drive the crap out of all my cars includng a 1963 rambler american 2 door.
I drive my car every chance i get and when something breaks i replace it with something better. you just cant enjoy it unless you drive the crap out of it. before you know it you are dead and never got a chance to enjoy it the way it was meant to be. baldwin motion built his cars to be driven. why is this 1973 any different?
McCauley5983
McCauley5983
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by bigredlaguna Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:00 pm

So far, no collectors, just enthusiasts. I'm in good company! Very Happy
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:42 pm

billy-ray wrote:they were built for one purpose TO DRIVE! a car is supposed to be driven if they were built for a trailer or air tight garage car manufacturers would never "rolled em off the assembly line" they would have been trailered. i drive the crap out of all my cars includng a 1963 rambler american 2 door.
I drive my car every chance i get and when something breaks i replace it with something better. you just cant enjoy it unless you drive the crap out of it. before you know it you are dead and never got a chance to enjoy it the way it was meant to be. baldwin motion built his cars to be driven. why is this 1973 any different?

THIS particular 73 is different because it is not only Baldwin Motion's last Chevelle build, but it is a one of one car. If this were to be taken out like any other muscle car & tortured, we would have lost this piece of G3 history a long time ago. Preserving it lets the younger generations see exactly what this car was meant to be.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:57 pm

bigredlaguna wrote:So far, no collectors, just enthusiasts. I'm in good company! Very Happy

Yes, you are.

But ... I'm sort of a collector ... though, I drive mine every chance I get (except for bad weather, of course). I have about 1,000 miles on all of the older 4 MCs this year.

Cort | 36swm.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...drive south, Nov 09
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Some things just glitter and shine" ... Confederate Railroad ... 'Daddy Never Was The Cadillac Kind'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down